A few suggestions for the Android App

HawkeyesWin

Overall I love the app on Android. I love checking Hawkeye Nation from my phone and the app is my primary method of getting to the site. A few suggestions:

allow users to start threads via the app
make the politics forum viewable via the app
banner ad at top of screen (makes Jon more money and keeps HN going strong)

any others?

Add ability to quote other posts.

Add ability to subscribe to a thread and forum.

automatically refresh forums when clicking on the forums button.

Move the post button above the text entry box when replying, currently have to deactivate on screen keyboard to access post button

forgot to mention fact that occasionally the thread you select is not the one you touched. Not due to sloppy fingers it just seems like something changes in the background and doesn't update on screen

All,

Thank you. We sincerely appreciate the feedback.

I am doing some last-minute testing on an app update that should go live today. Though this update is primarily comprised of changes to better support a wider number of devices (like the Motorola Xoom), it does include some bugfixes and other minor tweaks.

Unfortunately, none of the changes requested in this thread are in today's release, but I've added them to our internal request list and we will try to address them ASAP. I can say, generally speaking, that we are looking at ways to provide a stronger overall forum experience and hope to have something to show in that regard soon.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Josh
(One of the geeks that works on the Android app)

I have basic LG Ally running android and am short on my on-phone storage. Would love to put the app on my sd card.

Latest posts