A few rambling thoughts

longtimer

I don't like Tennessee but they got robbed. No way that foul should have been called that ended up being the difference at the end of the game. Wonder if they will be talking about it like they did the no call pass interference that robbed New Orleans?

Daily should look at Drake. He could be a good player in the Valley and that guy has showed he can coach

Cook has a bright future. maybe not in the NBA but he sure seems to be a bright articulate nice kid that could do well in a lot of endeavors Hope he gets his degree

If anything, I think the question would be about the replay review at the end of regulation.

They ended up leaving the clock at .1, saying that's when the ref acknowledged / granted the TO.

But, I thought the point of review was to make sure the ref got it right, not just that the clock was right? Why is the ref allowed to be a little slow, when the clock is expected to stop the millisecond it should?

( not that I'm complaining- screw the Vols / SEC ! )

I don't think Tennessee got "robbed" at all. The guy made contact while edwards was still in the air. Was it sort of a weak call? Sure. But make your free throws and it never gets to that point in the first place.

I don't like Tennessee but they got robbed. No way that foul should have been called that ended up being the difference at the end of the game. Wonder if they will be talking about it like they did the no call pass interference that robbed New Orleans?

Daily should look at Drake. He could be a good player in the Valley and that guy has showed he can coach

Cook has a bright future. maybe not in the NBA but he sure seems to be a bright articulate nice kid that could do well in a lot of endeavors Hope he gets his degree
He made contact while he was still in the air.

I don't know how much more of textbook foul you could want?

I don't really care about Cook's future after Iowa...I just don't. The way he has dangled this whole "will I or won't I leave" thing over the program for the past couple years is just annoying.

That was a foul I’ve watched it slow motion several times hip right into a jump shooter. Blatant foul and just a dumb play by Tennessee.

Neither team can blame the refs when they missed double digit free throws.

It was an awesome game and people want to make it about the refs.
That was agonizing to watch... WTH man. Edwards is a great 80 plus % shooter from there too and he missed a bunch. If either team shot respectably from the line they'd have won. That was brutal. There were front ends of 1 &1s missed too eliminating the chance for more. No wonder coaches go grey and bald...

That said the shooting by Kline was unreal. That was as hot of an exhibition as you'll ever see just about. That was fun to watch

I don't really care about Cook's future after Iowa...I just don't. The way he has dangled this whole "will I or won't I leave" thing over the program for the past couple years is just annoying.
Imagine being him and or his family... It may have seemed like a no brainer from where you and I are sitting but to him and dozens if not 100s of other kids like him it seems like he's just right there. He probably feels like he's so close to being an NBA talent (and in some respects he is) yet so far. Who are we to fault him with that he did nothing 'wrong' by taking his time deciding. And if he does it again so be it. As long as his communications with Fran are open and honest about it who are we to care that much?

Imagine being him and or his family... It may have seemed like a no brainer from where you and I are sitting but to him and dozens if not 100s of other kids like him it seems like he's just right there. He probably feels like he's so close to being an NBA talent (and in some respects he is) yet so far. Who are we to fault him with that he did nothing 'wrong' by taking his time deciding. And if he does it again so be it. As long as his communications with Fran are open and honest about it who are we to care that much?

Oh he hasn't done anything against the rules. I support his decision to get an NBA evaluation...I think every player should do that. I'm just worn out on the whole "will he or won't he" thing we've gone through for multiple offseasons now. I'm pretty sure he waited until the last possible second last year to decide. I remember the rumors of him going pro...I remember the rumors of him transferring to Mizzou. Just don't drag it on like last time.

Oh he hasn't done anything against the rules. I support his decision to get an NBA evaluation...I think every player should do that. I'm just worn out on the whole "will he or won't he" thing we've gone through for multiple offseasons now. I'm pretty sure he waited until the last possible second last year to decide. I remember the rumors of him going pro...I remember the rumors of him transferring to Mizzou. Just don't drag it on like last time.
Didn't he squash the transfer rumor part pretty quickly? I could be off with my memory of that timeline but it seemed like once people floated that out there he shot it down. It's not like Cook said he was going and came back. He was just trying to decide. It's as big of a life decision as he'll probably ever have. Take all the time he needs it's no skin off my back if he waits till the last min to decide or not.

Iowa fans just aren't used to having to deal with basketball players making decisions on leaving early. A lit of program's fans deal with it all the time and are used to it.

Iowa fans just aren't used to having to deal with basketball players making decisions on leaving early. A lit of program's fans deal with it all the time and are used to it.

Maybe that's it....although we're plenty used to it in football

Regardless of it being a foul, which it was, Tennessee had quite a bit of time to make ammends and move on but failed to do so.

upload_2019-3-29_12-58-37.gif

Good luck to Dailey and all transfers.

Whatever Cook does, I wish him well. Work hard and good things should head his way.