A few good things

NCHawker

I've seen a lot of youth out there, I've seen an improvement in the speed at the WR position, more aggressive - going for it on 4th down, more blitzing - more aggressive defense, more variety of formations and personnel on offense

For all of my iching, things have moved along on this program.

Even though Indiana looked creative and bold with their play calling and onside kids, Iowa still soundly defeated them.

2cents.

Hmm, you seem to have pointed your web browser to the wrong site. We don't do these sorts of poasts here.

Whar gnashing of teeth? Whar sky is falling? Need more KF and GD must be fired and less of the above common sense. In all honesty the first half against IU was a breath of fresh air. To bad it was replaced in the second half with the stench of Cedar Rapids corn processors.

Fourth down usage has been excellent thusfar.

In fact, I believe it went a long way to the win last Saturday. It added 8 points to our halftime score (assuming we would have made FGs). Without those 8 points, the game looks a lot different and is anybody's ballgame to start the second half.

Oh, there are plenty of positives this year --

Pass protection has been excellent on the OLine. Outside of the Purdue game, the WR corps has had fewer drops this year than any in recent memory. Special teams kickoff coverage has been excellent, placekicking has improved from game 1. Pressure on the QB has been increasing each week. YPA has been increasing week over week.

On offense, it seemed like a lot of things got healthy after the bye: run blocking improved -- the holes were bigger. The timing of the backs hitting the holes has improved. The points scored improved because so many things were clicking. WRs looked like they were running their routes at full game speed for the first time this year. I think that trust has developed among the playmakers.

If Iowa plays like they did the first quarter on both sides of the ball, it will be difficult for everyone bar Wisconsin and Nebraska to beat them. This Maryland game will tell us if they can keep it up now that they look like they've put it together. My revised prediction based on that performance goes to 9-3 from 7-5.

Need more cowbell you stupid son of a *****

morecowbell.jpg