A dual threat QB?--yes please!

Don't even care about the qb position right now. First get a damn O line coordinator that can teach blocking. Design plays that aren't in the how to defend Iowa Hawkeyes offense for dummies 101. Until we can line up and take a snap that 85% of us Hawk fans and opposing defenses already know coming, then it really doesn't matter if it's Mahomes, Jackson, or the retired Tom Brady back taking the snap. Results would be the same.
There is No offensive identity established with this Era of Iowa team
I can remember games we used to win and announcers talking that Iowa only had 175 yards rushing for the game as if the team was broke. What Kirk hasn't figured out as of late is you can play complimentary football with low risk but get good at those things it needs to make it. Tuff physical o-line and physical hard hitting and grinding running game to where a opposing Lb is grateful you attempted a pass once just so he wouldn't have to feel the pain on a play. Right now whether pass or run we suck pretty much at both.
A smart coach can mitigate a weak line with a mobile QB, to at least some extent. But you cannot mask a very bad QB with anything but a better QB. Hill is a very bad QB. The offense will not show much improvement without substantially better QBing.

I've been excited about Resar and his speed for quite sometime and have posted so in other threads. Then I realized that he may be fast but suck as a QB. I don't care if they're dual threat or not. I just want them to be a threat.
Don't forget the ol. Without a good ol to protect the QB it won't matter who the QB is!

Don't forget the ol. Without a good ol to protect the QB it won't matter who the QB is!
A mobile quarterback can mitigate the damage of a poor offensive line. Nothing can mitigate the damage of very bad QBs.

There is no excuse for the line to be bad next year. Lauk should be pushing hard for that RT position. Move Dunker back to G, replacing Feth and the line should be pretty solid.

I agree with most of what you said but I also think the second biggest area of concern is the quarterback position. I also believe that we need a good quarterbacks coach. Our development of the quarterback position has been atrocious for most if not all of Kirks time with Iowa.
Agree 100%. If Hill is truly the best we have to offer per KF, then we definitely need a QB coach and recruiter!

Latest posts