A day with Johnny football

some folks just can't handle success. they think they'll love it, but the spotlight is too big for them. most people never get the chance to find out how they'd react. i'm sure i wouldn't have been able to handle it at that age. hopefully he's still got some good people looking out for him, cause at this pace he'll be a dumpster fire by the end of the season.

he comes from a silver spoon family - old oil money i do believe. i'm sure he has had a sense of entitlement from early on, let alone his success as a freshman in a football crazed state......

he comes from a silver spoon family - old oil money i do believe. i'm sure he has had a sense of entitlement from early on, let alone his success as a freshman in a football crazed state......

i honestly don't know anything about him. interesting if that's where he got his sense of entitlement.

Too bad we don't have an NCAA commissioner with the power of the MLB commissioner. Johnny Football needs to be banned from college football for the good of the game.

Too bad we don't have an NCAA commissioner with the power of the MLB commissioner. Johnny Football needs to be banned from college football for the good of the game.

Agreed, but I don't it matters. I think Johnny will destroy his career without the help of the NCAA. In all honesty at first I loved what this kid brought to the game, but the more I hear about him, I can't help but think the kid is a cancer that doesn't care at all about the name on the front of the jersey or anyone else for that matter. He seems to be making up his own rules as he goes and I think it's going to ruin him.

And after reading that article in the OT, the kid is nothing more than a spoiled little rich kid. His dad wants to play the sympathy card, but he's part of the problem. No wonder why this kid has the sense of entitlement he does. Rather than send him on a trip to Canada to visit Drake, someone needs to rip the silver spoon out of his mouth. News flash, if someone doesn't want the attention stay out of the spotlight. Also couldn't help but laugh at the fact that they said that he gave up alcohol, but then referenced him drinking numerous other times throughout the article. So glad we can focus on fact a minor who's too young to legally consume it giving it up. What a great kid.

There is a company out there that claims he took $7500 in exchange for autographs. This company gave a video to espn as proof that he signed autographs for them, but doesn't include money exchanging hands. It does include Manziel saying that he will deny signing. Why? The only obvious reason is that there was an exchange of money/goods for the signings. Johnny be good is gone.

Anybody know what the usual penalties are for this sort of thing? Any precedents?

Anybody know what the usual penalties are for this sort of thing? Any precedents?

the OSU guys got 5 games for exchanging autographs for tats.

not sure of the dollar amount equivalency or the amount of autographed that were in exchange.

The exciting question is if they are going to retroactively withdraw the Heisman. Reggie Bush had his vacated after all...

The exciting question is if they are going to retroactively withdraw the Heisman. Reggie Bush had his vacated after all...

I didn't think that was something that the NCAA could revoke. Thought it was a seperate entity controlling it.