A Couple Tournament Thoughts

Northside Hawk

First off. In addition to being the strongest and deepest conference in the country, how much if any advantage will the B1G have in having already been in Indianapolis for over a week and familiar with the RCA Dome court (for those who are scheduled to play there). It has to be a huge advantage. I also think you will see B1G fans cheering for each others schools when watching a game not involving their own team.

Second thought. If the Elite Eight round produces classics anywhere near as epic as the 2019 regional finals, we are in for a hell of a tournament. Remember those games?

Auburn vs Kentucky
Texas Tech vs Gonzaga
Purdue vs Virginia
North Carolina vs Michigan State

Let's hope for similar drama this year, and that Iowa is still alive and playing at that stage of the tournament.

Well the refs from other conferences could end up fouling out so many Big 10 players because or our near football/wresting type of basketball we play. It has happened to many big time conference schools before.

First off. In addition to being the strongest and deepest conference in the country, how much if any advantage will the B1G have in having already been in Indianapolis for over a week and familiar with the RCA Dome court (for those who are scheduled to play there). It has to be a huge advantage. I also think you will see B1G fans cheering for each others schools when watching a game not involving their own team.

Second thought. If the Elite Eight round produces classics anywhere near as epic as the 2019 regional finals, we are in for a hell of a tournament. Remember those games?

Auburn vs Kentucky
Texas Tech vs Gonzaga
Purdue vs Virginia

Let's hope for similar drama this year, and that Iowa is still alive and playing at that stage of the tournament.
Northside. I remember every bit of drama in each and every one of those games! Oh, wait. No, I am just kidding...

Auburn vs Kentucky
Texas Tech vs Gonzaga
Purdue vs Virginia

I’ve had similar thoughts about an advantage. I would add Assembly Hall and Mackey Arena to the RCA Dome. These teams have all played in these arenas.

Northside. I remember every bit of drama in each and every one of those games! Oh, wait. No, I am just kidding...
What I remember was being in Stevens Point that weekend for my then eighth graders state basketball and watching NCAA games in the hotel lobby at night.

And I remember Purdue's Carsen Edward's carrying the Boilers on his back and nearly to the final four.

What I remember was being in Stevens Point that weekend for my then eighth graders state basketball and watching NCAA games in the hotel lobby at night.

And I remember Purdue's Carsen Edward's carrying the Boilers on his back and nearly to the final four.
Awesome memories

Latest posts