A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS FOR ROB

ModebaSan

We all know you are working hard to keep us up to date with everything going on and you are busy with the podcasts too. We appreciate all you are doing. So when you get a chance, could you update us on a few things?
1.) How are JBo’s and Jack Nunge’s rehabs coming along.
2.) Will PMac be taking a redshirt this year or will it be a medical redshirt? Is there a possibility his condition and medications cause him to have to take another redshirt next year too,medical or otherwise?
3.) Who do you think may be redshirt candidates out of next years incoming crop of recruits?

Thx Rob, you’re doing a great job and please make some time for you and your family as soon as you can. We know you are being stretched a little thin, so take your time answering and keep up the great work. We appreciate all you do.

JBo said a few weeks ago that his rehab was months ahead of schedule compared to his last knee. I think he said he was hoping to be a full go in march or April. Maybe it wasn't a full go, but it was something like that.

Patrick already played in a game this year so a redshirt isn't an option. It's pretty clear he's going to sit out the whole year by now so he will apply for a medical.

JBo said a few weeks ago that his rehab was months ahead of schedule compared to his last knee. I think he said he was hoping to be a full go in march or April. Maybe it wasn't a full go, but it was something like that.

Patrick already played in a game this year so a redshirt isn't an option. It's pretty clear he's going to sit out the whole year by now so he will apply for a medical.

Patrick will be able to request a hardship waiver in order to get a redshirt as he has not played in 30% of the games.

We all know you are working hard to keep us up to date with everything going on and you are busy with the podcasts too. We appreciate all you are doing. So when you get a chance, could you update us on a few things?
1.) How are JBo’s and Jack Nunge’s rehabs coming along.
2.) Will PMac be taking a redshirt this year or will it be a medical redshirt? Is there a possibility his condition and medications cause him to have to take another redshirt next year too,medical or otherwise?
3.) Who do you think may be redshirt candidates out of next years incoming crop of recruits?

Thx Rob, you’re doing a great job and please make some time for you and your family as soon as you can. We know you are being stretched a little thin, so take your time answering and keep up the great work. We appreciate all you do.

Sorry. I just this post. Thank you for the kind words.

Bohannon and Nunge's rehabs are moving along well. Watching them walk around before games, you wouldn't even know they were recovering from major surgeries. They're on track for summer workouts.

Patrick is red shirting this season and continues working with doctors and trainers on finding ways to keep his strength and stamina up while on the medications he needs post thyroid cancer. There's always a chance he doesn't play again. That said, I think he will try to play again. He is practicing every day. I watched him clowning around with Joe Toussaint recently with the two of them in those big blowup bumper suits (not sure what they're called) and he held up well.

Projecting redshirts for incoming freshmen in basketball is difficult. There are multiple factors at work from player development to roster makeup. Does Iowa lose players to professional basketball or transfer?

The Murrays could be candidates, but they also will be a year older having done a post-grad season. Will there be enough minutes for Ulis and/or Perkins to justify burning the redshirt.

And we have to see how they look when they get here this summer playing against college guys.

If they operated on his knee, I see a malpractice suit in the future.

Fran was quoted this week saying he just sat down with Nunge this week and he’s in a very good place.

Bohannon has way more time with this recovery than the last one. I hope for his sake and for Iowa he’s in his best physical shape of his career at the beginning of the season next year.

I have pretty high expectations for Pat next year. I think this redshirt year will be pretty beneficial and I think bringing back a player of his caliber next year is going to be big. His athleticism and length will be an added element to our team.

I really hope Patrick and his doctors can find a med cocktail that will allow him to fulfill his potential. I would guess he will be one very sad young man If he cannot play BB. And, I would love to have him on the team next season.

Sorry. I just this post. Thank you for the kind words.

Bohannon and Nunge's rehabs are moving along well. Watching them walk around before games, you wouldn't even know they were recovering from major surgeries. They're on track for summer workouts.

Patrick is red shirting this season and continues working with doctors and trainers on finding ways to keep his strength and stamina up while on the medications he needs post thyroid cancer. There's always a chance he doesn't play again. That said, I think he will try to play again. He is practicing every day. I watched him clowning around with Joe Toussaint recently with the two of them in those big blowup bumper suits (not sure what they're called) and he held up well.

Projecting redshirts for incoming freshmen in basketball is difficult. There are multiple factors at work from player development to roster makeup. Does Iowa lose players to professional basketball or transfer?

The Murrays could be candidates, but they also will be a year older having done a post-grad season. Will there be enough minutes for Ulis and/or Perkins to justify burning the redshirt.

And we have to see how they look when they get here this summer playing against college guys.

Thx Rob!

Latest posts