A Buzzer Beater for the Ages

Joe was just channeling his inner Tim Duncan.

giphy.gif

Trust me, like I brought up after Northwestern, that is a lot easier than it looks. And a lot of fun.

One of my favorite memories in producing/directing is the Cedar Rapids Washington/Dubuque Hempstead game from the early nineties. Dedric Ward, lining up in the backfield for the final play, scored as time ran out for the win.

A player from Dubuque Senior named Josh Chandlee, also against Hempstead, once hit a three quarter court shot at the buzzer to force overtime.

I was once operating a sideline camera at the Dubuque Wahlert gymnasium. A player named Greg Heiar, now a D-1 assistant coach, whipped an errant pass right off my chest.

That one had no trouble making local news that night.

Once you get experience and certain things become muscle memory, you are processing certain things in your brain faster that you realize you are processing them. And much of it becomes instinctive.

Trust me, like I brought up after Northwestern, that is a lot easier than it looks. And a lot of fun.

One of my favorite memories in producing/directing is the Cedar Rapids Washington/Dubuque Hempstead game from the early nineties. Dedric Ward, lining up in the backfield for the final play, scored as time ran out for the win.

A player from Dubuque Senior named Josh Chandlee, also against Hempstead, once hit a three quarter court shot at the buzzer to force overtime.

I was once operating a sideline camera at the Dubuque Wahlert gymnasium. A player named Greg Heiar, now a D-1 assistant coach, whipped an errant pass right off my chest.

That one had no trouble making local news that night.

Once you get experience and certain things become muscle memory, you are processing certain things in your brain faster that you realize you are processing them. And much of it becomes instinctive.

Don't forget Eric May (Wahlert) at the Iowa State Basketball Tourney for the title before he became a Hawk ...

Its a tad ridiculous the enrollment numbers at Valley and Waukee compared to everyone else.

Yep. Waukee was 3A when my oldest was playing HS baseball.

It's also amazing to see the 2 Ankeny schools both around 1,260 where there was only one school just a few years back.

There's a phone video that was posted by someone who was in the lower stands right behind Joe. The shot looks even more incredible from that angle. You really appreciate the arc he had to put on that to get it over Shaq who was flying at him.

Just crazy!

There's a phone video that was posted by someone who was in the lower stands right behind Joe. The shot looks even more incredible from that angle. You really appreciate the arc he had to put on that to get it over Shaq who was flying at him.

Just crazy!