9/28 sports betting thread

What do you guys think of the Chiefs -7 @ Detroit?

I’m having a hard time talking myself out of that one.

I just seen that. Patriots -7 against the Bills too.
I'm not doing the greatest on the NFL.
So so, but just can't get a warm fuzzy about my picks.

Took a teaser of NW -31 and Vandy ad a pick em which hit.

Almost got lucky... had 7 game parlay but ended up missing on Virginia covering double digits after leading at half.

I went ahead a put a very small amount down on the chiefs, the Patriots and the Rams to all cover. I like all three to cover.
But like I said I don't watch enough to have an educated guess.

My only bet (So far) is $200 on the Pats to cover -7.0 at Buffalo tomorrow. I regret not betting NW, but alas. The Hawks haven’t failed me through three games, so I probably should have bet them too, but I was lazy this week. Oh well!
That feeling when the Patriots are kneeling the ball with a 6 point lead with over a minute to go.

That sucks man. I can’t bet triple digits unless it’s on a college sure thing. NFL is way too fucky for bettors who don’t use it as a full or part time job.

Last edited:
Friday was brutal I whiffed on everything. Made up for it on Saturday, especially the late Pac12 games. Today the Ravens/Texans did me in.

In other words I broke even.:)

That feeling when the Patriots are kneeling the ball with a 6 point lead with over a minute to go.

That sucks man. I can’t bet triple digits unless it’s on a college sure thing. NFL is way too fucky for bettors who don’t use it as a full or part time job.
Historically, Bill Belichick and the Pats are the best bet ATS in the NFL, with ~60% over the last ten years, and any given season since 2003 fluctuating between 55-65%. Might as well be an auto bet. Worked weeks one and two, not so for three and four. Not sure if the Bills defense is really that good, or if Tom Brady just had a terrible day. Time will tell.

Edit: if we want to get really crazy (And cherry pick like trying to look at different segments of Iowa football seasons) the Patriots have been a whopping 68.8% ATS since 2016. That might not include today’s game, though.

Last edited: