• Hawks win 8 regular-season games

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • We lose no RB and DL to serious injury or transfer for the next 13 months

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters

KnightHawk9

Which would you rather see?

-Hawks win at least 8 regular season games this year, or

-We don't lose any RB or DL to injury or transfer for the next 13 months.

Last edited:
I never said it was the ceiling. It's more like a genie pops out and says, I can guarantee the Hawks win at least 8 games or that no RB or DL gets injured or transfers. The other option could still happen, it's just not guaranteed.

Well if we don't have any RB or DL attrition I think we win more than 8 games, so I'll go with the second one.

If #2 happens, then #1 should easily happen with this schedule.

Poll would be better if it was 10 wins and 24 months.

Injuries are part of football. So are wins and losses. If injuries are going to happen, this is out of the team's control. 8 wins is not out of their control.

I'll take the 8 wins as well. It's almost a guaranty that we'll have another RB or DL get injured. It a long grueling season.

8 wins is going to be hard to come by. I told the girl I'm dating that If the Nationals win the world series AND Iowa wins 8 games I'm going to marry her because she's a good luck charm.

I said 8 wins... because that IS the ceiling with this easy schedule.

Too many overly-optimistic people on here. This is very likely not a good Iowa team.

Can I say Both, since I believe that is more of a reality than just saying one or the other. But I will take 8 wins.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, gimme dem 8 wins, not hopes and dreams (I acknowledge the irony of this comment given the topic is entirely fictional).

I think Iowa gets 8 wins anyways so I'll take no attrition at the RB and DL position to set up good for the following two years.

8 wins is going to be hard to come by. I told the girl I'm dating that If the Nationals win the world series AND Iowa wins 8 games I'm going to marry her because she's a good luck charm.

I said 8 wins... because that IS the ceiling with this easy schedule.

Too many overly-optimistic people on here. This is very likely not a good Iowa team.

NIU, ISU, UNI, CMU, Minny, PSU, Purdue, Indy, jNW are all possible wins for Iowa.

Not to mention they usually beat someone who they shouldn't. Neb, UM and MSU. Iowa will win one of those, of course they usually lose one they shouldn't as well. So that equals 8 wins.

What do you see happening?

These are not mutually exclusive - i believe they are tied. but to answer i take the 8 wins. if the dl stays healthy and the rbs stay healthy and iowa loses games then maybe new DLs and RBs are needed.

this seems like a loaded question - meaning equal to - Do you still beat your wife?

Latest posts