8 weeks until kickoff...

Hawkfromnorwalk

So starting this week...8 topics to discuss regarding gameday!

Each week I will start a new topic and we can discuss until it's time for the season to start.

Week 1: Brew/drink of choice at the tailgate
Week 2: Best menu item
Week 3: Tailgate setup
Week 4: Tailgate spots
Week 5: Tailgate arrival time
Week 6: Tailgate games
Week 7: Best Tailgate moment/memory
Week 8: Best game day/Melrose/Kinnick experiences/stories

So lets kick it off!

What's the brew or drink featured at your tailgate?

For us, we have a few unenlightened macrobrew guys travelling with us so we usually stick with Bud Light on game days for beer. We also serve bloody marys in the morning, I prefer Zing Zang mix and Absolut vodka. We bring some milk, Kahlua, and OJ for white russians and screwdrivers.

This makes me sad. I haven't been to a game at Kinnick in over 10 years. I did make it to the Iowa/Texas Alamo bowl game, but it's just not the same. Now I'll just live vicariously through this thread.

When you go back to Iowa City we always have Bloody Marys, Gin and Tonic, but you have to drink Busch Light........Just seems wrong to drink anything else after the all the "nights with the Busch lights"

Start with the bloody (Zing Zang ) and then it's Miller Light and some hot apple cider (on the cold days).

Bloody Mary's, red beers, beer ( don't care what brand so much, whatever is available attm. ).

101 hosts exceptionally well.

Beer: Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, anything any of the show-er-up-ers bring.
Mixed: Marguaritas, Blood Marys', Champaign/Orange Juice, Jack/Coke
Liquor: Crown, Jaeger, Jameson

So starting this week...8 topics to discuss regarding gameday!

Each week I will start a new topic and we can discuss until it's time for the season to start.

Week 1: Brew/drink of choice at the tailgate
Week 2: Best menu item
Week 3: Tailgate setup
Week 4: Tailgate spots
Week 5: Tailgate arrival time
Week 6: Tailgate games
Week 7: Best Tailgate moment/memory
Week 8: Best game day/Melrose/Kinnick experiences/stories

So lets kick it off!

What's the brew or drink featured at your tailgate?

For us, we have a few unenlightened macrobrew guys travelling with us so we usually stick with Bud Light on game days for beer. We also serve bloody marys in the morning, I prefer Zing Zang mix and Absolut vodka. We bring some milk, Kahlua, and OJ for white russians and screwdrivers.
Great Thread. Be sure to start the new one each week for us!

Start off with a bailey's and coffee. Then bud light up until kickoff, and maybe a couple pulls off the Jaeger bottle in there somewhere.

Always start with Red Bull/Vodka and then move to Sierra Mist Cranberry/Vodka. Mix in pulls of the Applecorn and Jager and you've got yourself a tailgate

Early Season: Screwdrivers and Bud Light.

Late Season: SoCo & Hot Cider or Peppermint Schnapps & Hot chcocolate, Bud Light.

6 pack of the banquet beer tall boys, then keystone after that. May mix in some Hamms this year we'll see.

This makes me sad. I haven't been to a game at Kinnick in over 10 years. I did make it to the Iowa/Texas Alamo bowl game, but it's just not the same. Now I'll just live vicariously through this thread.

I've been wanting to do some sort of tailgate like thing down here for a while. Just don't have a clue as to where, when, or any of that kind of stuff. Hmmmm, wonder what it costs to have the Drafthouse bring in their Rolling Roadshow since I have a huge front yard . . .

Latest posts