8 - Game Schedule

I like the East vs. West match-ups at the end, but isn't that all the more reason to limit the season to a six game divisional schedule with a couple bye weeks worked in? That'd allow for flexibility for re-scheduling missed games, and give the kids a bit of a break here and there given we may see more injuries this season. It'd also make the East vs. West jamboree so much more compelling at the end of the season. We could have debates about the better division all fall, without any data points for comparison. And like 2020 has already had enough misery, if Illinois and Rutgers play twice in a month it's time to jerk the wheel into a goddamn bridge abutment.

That's actually a reasonably sane idea. It also limits travel a little bit more, which I thought was one of the putative goals at the outset of all this stuff.

I like the East vs. West match-ups at the end, but isn't that all the more reason to limit the season to a six game divisional schedule with a couple bye weeks worked in? That'd allow for flexibility for re-scheduling missed games, and give the kids a bit of a break here and there given we may see more injuries this season. It'd also make the East vs. West jamboree so much more compelling at the end of the season. We could have debates about the better division all fall, without any data points for comparison. And like 2020 has already had enough misery, if Illinois and Rutgers play twice in a month it's time to jerk the wheel into a goddamn bridge abutment.

I'm guessing if the B1G were forced to do a winter or spring season that this would have been the plan.

But with the CFP in play and Ohio St and PSU having a ton of talent they want to make sure they're in on that party. And 6 regular season games compared to 10 for the Big 12 and SEC and 11 for the ACC doesn't look good.

That assumes these conferences are going to be getting all the games in. I think it's gonna be a lot uglier than that, especially in the Big Ten with the covid protocols. There are also going to be a lot of messy debates nationwide about so and so team lost that one week but they were missing the starting defense (or whatever) and that they are a top 4 team when all starters are playing. In contrast, I like the potentially clean look (if bye weeks were in there for rescheduling) of a true champion in the East and a true champion in the West and a playoff argument to make for the team that wins the title game.

Classic ferentz schedule. Miraculously dodging Michigan and ohio st once again. Ironically, it’s a tougher schedule considering the lack of annual non conference creampuffs

Classic ferentz schedule. Miraculously dodging Michigan and ohio st once again. Ironically, it’s a tougher schedule considering the lack of annual non conference creampuffs
We have played Michigan A LOT. And Ferentz does not make up the schedule. There is no dodging at all.