7 - 5

lets see Iowa lose what was it 12, 13 or 14 players to Rhabdo, Iowa is not deep enough to survive at a high level that type of hit. in 2010 Iowa was replacing 3 NFL picks off the DL
again Iowa is not stock piled to take that type of hit and maintain a high level of competition
aftere years of getting 12-14 2*'s per year Iowa can only do so much and when injuries or a multitude of defection occur a couple of bad years are going to happen..
Iowa is not a Alabama that over signs and gets top recruiting classes year after year, in 2008 and 2009 the recruiting classes were rated 63rd and 53rd these are your 4TH and 5th year players. in 2009 the class was rated 49th with 2 4* players in Davis and Wegher, Wegher is gone, who know how much of difference he would have made as a SR has he did pretty good job as a FR.. Coker as a jr this year would have been a big help to this team. Reiff if he had stayed would have anchored the LT SPOT THIS YEAR..
Iowa has never been a loaded team that just reloaded year after year, what saved them was KF'S ability to identify talent and develope that talent the Rhabdo incident knocked off that pace of developing talent.
the problem is not the team nor is it the Coaches fault the Fault lies with the fans with their bloated sense of entitlement and overbloated judgement of just how good the talent is/was
It sure doesn't help when we now lose players early to the NFL. MOnty Ball stays for one more season when there was nothing more he could do to prove himself to the NFL OTHER THAN RISK A CAREER ENDING INJURY..WTF?????? I would like to see that kind of loyalty.

It sure doesn't help when we now lose players early to the NFL. MOnty Ball stays for one more season when there was nothing more he could do to prove himself to the NFL OTHER THAN RISK A CAREER ENDING INJURY..WTF?????? I would like to see that kind of loyalty.

Um all he had left to do was possibly win a heisman and move himself up the draft board. There's also that little personal satisfaction of breaking the record for most runshing TD's scored and the fact he's at "god" status on campus. Although it's crazy that there's more athletes play for then NFL money, I think his reason to come back was legit, but I don't necessarily believe it had much to do with loyalty to Wisconsin.

Iowa has not finished with 4 wins since 1980. Here are the frequencies of results during KF era.

The average is 7, The median (middle) is 7 and the mode (most frequent) is 7. But you can see that the fans's expectations are shaped by the good years - i.e. 8+ wins.

Four times 6 wins or less. But six times the hawks had 8 wins or more. So I can see why we feel like we are a winning program.

category
# of
# 1 win Seasons
# 3 win Seasons
# 6 win Seasons
# 7 win Seasons
# 8 win Seasons
# 9 win Seasons
# 10 win Seasons
# 11 win Seasons

Iowa has not finished with 4 wins since 1980. Here are the frequencies of results during KF era.

The average is 7, The median (middle) is 7 and the mode (most frequent) is 7. But you can see that the fans's expectations are shaped by the good years - i.e. 8+ wins.

Four times 6 wins or less. But six times the hawks had 8 wins or more. So I can see why we feel like we are a winning program.

category# of
# 1 win Seasons1
# 3 win Seasons1
# 6 win Seasons2
# 7 win Seasons3
# 8 win Seasons1
# 9 win Seasons1
# 10 win Seasons2
# 11 win Seasons2

Peoples expectations are also shaped by consistently being able to beat good teams, putting what most programs would consider to be an enormous amount of players in the NFL, and by the coaches salary.

Imagine what the record would be if you take away %75 of the losses to ISU, Indiana, NW, Minnesota and directional Michigans.

These post kill me... 7-5 is just fine, it gets you a nice Bowl trip, helps promote the old school spirit, etc... Its just FOOTBALL! Lets stop with the belief that we will EVER be anything but a good team... We will NEVER be a national champion team... NEVER, not in OUR lifetime! Lets just relax, support the boys on the field and enjoy ourselves...
Note: We will NOT be going to a Bowl game this year... Nope... Not a freaking chance....

category# of
# 1 win Seasons1
# 3 win Seasons1
# 6 win Seasons2
# 7 win Seasons3
# 8 win Seasons1
# 9 win Seasons1
# 10 win Seasons2
# 11 win Seasons2

Problem is, when Hayden was coach we played 11 regular season games instead of 12. Go back and figure how many more games we would have won if Hayden got to play an extra game against a Central Michigan or Northern Illinois every year. Then compare that to the numbers for Kirk.

Um all he had left to do was possibly win a heisman and move himself up the draft board. There's also that little personal satisfaction of breaking the record for most runshing TD's scored and the fact he's at "god" status on campus. Although it's crazy that there's more athletes play for then NFL money, I think his reason to come back was legit, but I don't necessarily believe it had much to do with loyalty to Wisconsin.

This. Sam Bradford is a better example. Consensus #1 draft pick, won the Heisman, and came back to try and win a national championship (and paid the price for it on the field). Bradford had literally nothing left to prove, but he wanted a title.

Latest posts