7-5 is a memorable season for Iowa State?

Iowa State was good this year, but didn't beat Iowa. that was the difference between the record of the two teams, by the way.

rXGXMnh.gif
RRRRROFLLLLLL

nice

I'll suffice it to say I think just looking at top 25 games is an incredibly stupid way to look at it. Because that's assuming there is a huge difference in the quality of team between the #24 team and the #34 team. There just isn't a big difference at that range.

I'd probably agree, but we aren't talking #24, we are talking top 15/top 10. There is a big difference between top 17 teams and #34 though, I think even you would admit that a 10-2 team is much, much better than a 7-5 squad. Heck, I'd say a 7-5 ISU is super close to to a 6-6 Illinois and a huge chasm away from a 10-2 Penn St./Wisconsin.

I'd probably agree, but we aren't talking #24, we are talking top 15/top 10. There is a big difference between top 17 teams and #34 though, I think even you would admit that a 10-2 team is much, much better than a 7-5 squad. Heck, I'd say a 7-5 ISU is super close to to a 6-6 Illinois and a huge chasm away from a 10-2 Penn St./Wisconsin.

How would you compare Minnesota and ISU?

I got a memory for Iowa State. Iowa going into their stadium and leaving with the win. Better luck next year. Cough, cough, 5 in a row.

For me its a tossup

I think if those teams flipped schedules ISU would be a 9/10 win team and Minnesota would be a 7/8 win team.

Both played soft schedules. Minnesota won 10 and ISU only won 7. I'd say it is easily Minnesota >>>>> ISU

Both played soft schedules. Minnesota won 10 and ISU only won 7. I'd say it is easily Minnesota >>>>> ISU

Iowa and Minnesota's both played all other teams in the West plus Rutgers and PSU and each other. Really the only difference in the conference schedule is Iowa played Michigan and Minnesota played Maryland.

So did Iowa also have a soft schedule?

Iowa and Minnesota's both played all other teams in the West plus Rutgers and PSU and each other. Really the only difference in the conference schedule is Iowa played Michigan and Minnesota played Maryland.

So did Iowa also have a soft schedule?

No.

The previous photo is one of my all time faves. And no one in that photo has ever lost to ISU. The look on Epenesa's face is priceless.

Last edited:

That Michigan game must hold a ton of weight in your eyes. I seen numerous posts about how tough you think Iowa's schedule was. Yet Minnesota's was virtually identical but you labeled it as soft.

And how you speak about ISU would lead one to believe that you could think scheduling an FCS powerhouse like SDST, which Minnesota did, would actually be tougher non-conference scheduling than scheduling a team sitting 7th in the current Big12 standings.

That Michigan game must hold a ton of weight in your eyes. I seen numerous posts about how tough you think Iowa's schedule was. Yet Minnesota's was virtually identical but you labeled it as soft.

And how you speak about ISU would lead one to believe that you could think scheduling an FCS powerhouse like SDST, which Minnesota did, would actually be tougher non-conference scheduling than scheduling a team sitting 7th in the current Big12 standings.

Minnesota didn't even play a P5 team in the non conference. Minnesota got a cupcake instead of Michigan. Way, way, way easier schedule than Iowa, and it's the reason Iowa is ranked #16 and Minnesota is #17 in the latest CFP. Seems you might be the only one who doesn't get this.

Minnesota >>>>> ISU, it isn't even close, not even sure what you are arguing about here. Minnesota is #18, ISU isn't even in the top 25

What win was better than at ISU?

Minnesota at home? Maybe, they have a good offense. Illinois at home?

Every other P5 they beat was below .500
Clearly Minny was a better win. Compare where the gophs and the clowns are in the polls. Oh wait, the clowns are no longer in the top 25, nevermind.

Minnesota didn't even play a P5 team in the non conference. Minnesota got a cupcake instead of Michigan. Way, way, way easier schedule than Iowa, and it's the reason Iowa is ranked #16 and Minnesota is #17 in the latest CFP. Seems you might be the only one who doesn't get this.

Minnesota >>>>> ISU, it isn't even close, not even sure what you are arguing about here. Minnesota is #18, ISU isn't even in the top 25

I'm not arguing over who's better. We disagree. You say Minnesota, I say pretty even. That's fine. I don't call people fucking idiots because I don't agree with them. Nor am I arguing over who has a tougher schedule. I'm asking you about your logic of your opinions.

You like to use rankings a lot in your posts to indicate value of a team and a conference. Do you use rankings in determining strength of a schedule?

ISU has played 4 ranked opponents and so has Iowa. Minnesota has played 3. Those numbers are so close yet Iowa has a tough schedule and Minnesota and ISU's are soft.

we’d definitely disagree on Illinois/Iowa State and every power ranking would too.

per several power rankings, such as sagarin, Massey, football outsiders, etc, Iowa State played a top 10 schedule. This again is the primary reason Iowa State should not be playing Iowa.

Latest posts