63 and 2

Fox is saying there are two games iowa lost when leading by 8. Which ones? It's a curiosity.

**Edit** I just noticed they said since 2015. I found the other game which I overlooked when researching this the first time around.

Penn State 2018 (at Beaver Stadium) - We blew a 12-0 1st quarter lead and lost 30-34.

Northwestern 2020 (at Kinnick) - We blew a 17-0 1st quarter lead and lost 21-20.

Nebraska 2014 (at Kinnick) - We blew a 24-7 3rd quarter lead and lost 37-34 in OT. This was Bo Pelini's last game with Nebraska.

Last edited:
I remember a game (and I know @okeefe4prez does as well because he was there) when we had a 27-14 lead at NW and the ball in FG range with less than six minutes to go-and still lost.

It was around 2005 or so, Kyle Schlichter missed a makable FG, then NW scored a TD, recovered an onside kick, and scored another TD.

Our kids were under ten at the time. I regained my sanity with a Madison Christmas shopping trip and Outback Steak House gorge.

Complete with Bloomin onion.

I remember a game (and I know @okeefe4prez does as well because he was there) when we had a 27-14 lead at NW and the ball in FG range with less than six minutes to go-and still lost.

It was around 2005 or so, Kyle Schlichter missed a makable FG, then NW scored a TD, recovered an onside kick, and scored another TD.

Our kids were under ten at the time. I regained my sanity with a Madison Christmas shopping trip and Outback Steak House gorge.

Complete with Bloomin onion.

I remember that one, one of few times I saw Kirk celebrate early. He had the headset off and was shaking hands.

I guess it would help to know how much we can go back in time.

I also remember a 2009 game against NW where Iowa blew a 10-0 lead. I also don't like this trend of Iowa blowing leads to NW.

That is a pretty wild stat... I mean 8 pt leads are given up and lost damn near every week by many. How that's not something that's been brought up before now is wild. Like when it got up over 20 games that's nuts. Over 50 is insane. And we kept it going for good measure.

Latest posts