6 seconds of hell

BEATHARDTEAMS

This is what I miss the most about Iowa Football. Being dominant on defense is what brought me to games and made watching the games exciting. Tennessee was the worst game I have seen in a long time...our defense sucks with no leader in recent years.. no grit, power, strength..the heart may be there but something is missing.

I could care less about our vanilla offense.

Yeah I'm with ya. I miss those goalline stands where our defense would stand up to anyone. Remember Syracuse? We just don't have the players to manhandle anyone right now and quite honestly for the forseable future. How with this recruiting class do we get any better in any of the next three years on D? That's the alarming part. This class, combined with the previous two, leaves us terribly exposed no matter what we do offensively. The easy schedule best year can mask the problems for a year but the. The schedule turns for the worse. The glory days with Norm unfortunately are over and the longer we go without him the more it seems he was the cog of Kirks success....

Yeah I'm with ya. I miss those goalline stands where our defense would stand up to anyone. Remember Syracuse? We just don't have the players to manhandle anyone right now and quite honestly for the forseable future. How with this recruiting class do we get any better in any of the next three years on D? That's the alarming part. This class, combined with the previous two, leaves us terribly exposed no matter what we do offensively. The easy schedule best year can mask the problems for a year but the. The schedule turns for the worse. The glory days with Norm unfortunately are over and the longer we go without him the more it seems he was the cog of Kirks success....

You realize Norm didn't do a whole lot of recruiting, correct? Norm was a gem and a damn good d coordinator, but our problems go much further than not having Norm Parker on staff.

Remember when our defense looked like this?

[video=youtube;2wirYshLQyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wirYshLQyU[/video]

I thought this thread was gunna be about my sex life. I was just glad the time got exaggerated.

I thought this thread was gunna be about my sex life. I was just glad the time got exaggerated.

That doesn't leave you much time to audible to the other side. If she complains, I hope you do more than shrug your shoulders and say, "that's sex".

Wow, hard to believe it was only 5 years ago that we had 8 of 11 defensive starters make first or second team All-B1G.

Remember when our defense looked like this?

[video=youtube;2wirYshLQyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wirYshLQyU[/video]
Man did I love to watch that '09 defense play. A few glimpses in '10 not withstanding....we haven't seen that kind of talent level on the Iowa roster since.

You realize Norm didn't do a whole lot of recruiting, correct? Norm was a gem and a damn good d coordinator, but our problems go much further than not having Norm Parker on staff.

I do. In a previous post I think he didn't have to recruit at if IIRC. The staff would bring them to him. Does GD get the same hall pass in recruiting? I didn't know if he had to or not.

You almost forget don't you? Great Hawkeyes and NFL names there. Thank you for that, that's great.

Great Video...hard to believe this was that long ago...then again, seems like an eternity ago!

I'd rather win games then brag about our NFLers, but these guys were all special, and it is fun to still watch many of them on the Sunday Ticket.