Uthoff- 26 points, 10 rebs
Clemmons- 23 points, 6 rebs, 5 assists
Marble- 29 points, 6 rebs, 5 assists
McCabe- 22 points, 11 rebs
Olaseni- 19 points, 12 rebs
Gesell- 28 points, 11 assists
Ukah- 20 points, 8 rebs
White- 29 points, 14 rebs

No Oglesby tonight and it sounds like he may miss the first week or so with a finger injury. All the credit for these stats and the info on JO goes to Brendan Styles on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thebstiles

From the pictures I've seen Woodbury looks like he added a good amount of muscle. Anyone who went to the PTL can confirm?

Not too shabby - it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the league goes to see who's consistent and who's still got work to do.

Jok- 35 points
Woodbury- 32 points, 16 rebs
Meyer- 7 points
Uthoff- 26 points, 10 rebs
Clemmons- 23 points, 6 rebs, 5 assists
Marble- 29 points, 6 rebs, 5 assists
McCabe- 22 points, 11 rebs
Olaseni- 19 points, 12 rebs
Gesell- 28 points, 11 assists
Ukah- 20 points, 8 rebs
White- 29 points, 14 rebs

No Oglesby tonight and it sounds like he may miss the first week or so with a finger injury. All the credit for these stats and the info on JO goes to Brendan Styles on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thebstiles

Ogs better get well fast. Like sands through the hourglass, the minutes are slipping away.

Ogs better get well fast. Like sands through the hourglass, the minutes are slipping away.

Agree in that there are going to be only so many reserve minutes at the two guard spot...and that gets even more challenging when you think that Marble is at his best with the ball in his hand and that moves Gesell over to the two....and given the combinations Fran can have this year, Oglesby won't have the chance to shoot through another slump.

I was thinking the same thing. I could see Ogs losing 5 min. per game, the same way McCabe went from playing 21 MPG 2 years ago, to 16 MPG last year.

I was thinking the same thing. I could see Ogs losing 5 min. per game, the same way McCabe went from playing 21 MPG 2 years ago, to 16 MPG last year.

Thats what they need sometimes. You understand as a player that you arent going to out there as much so you make it count. Seemed to me McCabes game was a lot better. He hit a lot of big shots last year and he wasnt out there as much. Competition is going to really improve some positions on the team. I really hope JO catches fire and doesnt look back to last yr.

Agree in that there are going to be only so many reserve minutes at the two guard spot...and that gets even more challenging when you think that Marble is at his best with the ball in his hand and that moves Gesell over to the two....and given the combinations Fran can have this year, Oglesby won't have the chance to shoot through another slump.
Not to be a jerk, but I wouldn't call 2 seasons a slump. I don't wanna rag on the kid at all, but he's just flat out up to this point in his career, a very poor shooter.

Also I dont know if JO will get as much attention from other defenses next yr if he doesnt start to hit. Last yr it really didnt hurt to have him on the floor because how much attention he got.

If other teams wouldnt have chased him around like they did, I dont think Fran couldve justified having him out there as much.

Also I dont know if JO will get as much attention from other defenses next yr if he doesnt start to hit. Last yr it really didnt hurt to have him on the floor because how much attention he got.

If other teams wouldnt have chased him around like they did, I dont think Fran couldve justified having him out there as much

Absolutely. You look at the games where Marble was struggling, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Fran was extremely limited on his offensive options. Running Ogelsby off screens was one of the few ways to open up the floor a little more. Next season with Marble, a fully healthy Gesell, Uthoff and Jok I think we're going to be able to space the floor so much better and really make everything easier for our offense.

If other teams wouldnt have chased him around like they did, I dont think Fran couldve justified having him out there as much.

Besides the fact that he was almost an 80% free throw shooter, he is a good passer and he plays above average defense. He wont lock down the other teams best player man to man but Oglesby is rarely out of position and doesnt get beat a lot on defense.

Latest posts