5-Star Guard Nimari Burnett Discusses Iowa Opportunity

Agree. But, what does CM look like?

A bit of a tweener. Too big for PG, but not a good enough shooter or slasher to be a SG.
If I were the coach and assuming Wieskamp stays for JR year. I would move JW to SG after Jbo leaves. Then I would move Connor to the SF. I would use him when I wanted a small 3 guard line up. Who knows though maybe he improves and makes this irrelevant.

Yeah, we’re loaded there. Pass. Lol

It takes every fiber of my being to remain civil with you.

That's not what I said and no 6+ year old should have been able to confuse my statement for saying Iowa would pass on the kid.

Please take this opportunity to ignore my profile as I will do for yours. This way we don't cross paths again. I've reached my limit of Oldhawk12.

I don't even care how it makes me look but I'd be perfectly fine with us shoveling $50K under the table to get some top notch recruits. If we get caught so be it. At least it'd be fun for a while!

I don't even care how it makes me look but I'd be perfectly fine with us shoveling $50K under the table to get some top notch recruits. If we get caught so be it. At least it'd be fun for a while!

In football no, in basketball yes.

In football the teams are so large that if you bring in kids expecting money you could end up with a pretty rotten culture. Even more though I would say no for football because Kirk would likely sit one of them and piss them off and they could spill the beans.

Basketball though is a small group and 1 or 2 players is the difference between Final 4's or bracket bubble's. It would be easier in basketball to keep it very close to the vest. Plus the culture in basketball right now appears to be that either you cheat or you pray to compete. If that's the playing field then one must occasionally stoop to a lower level to ensure their fair chance.

In other news, Vanderbilt & Ohio State failed to make the cut as well. So there's that...

Even though he played in Calif. this year, Rob points out that he is originally from Illinois. Being 1 geographic state over would be about the only advantage Iowa has to land him[besides our up-tempo style]; so he could get away from home [every 19 ear old wants that!] but still be close enough for his family and friends to watch him play. Of course, DePaul and Illinois[?] can make that claim also.

Even though he played in Calif. this year, Rob points out that he is originally from Illinois. Being 1 geographic state over would be about the only advantage Iowa has to land him[besides our up-tempo style]; so he could get away from home [every 19 ear old wants that!] but still be close enough for his family and friends to watch him play. Of course, DePaul and Illinois[?] can make that claim also.
He eliminated Iowa from consideration already.