5 IAFB Freshmen to Watch in '24

I could see Derek Weiskopf carving out a role on ST as well.

For some reason I am hung up on dearth of proven edge rushers, so I have been eyeing that incoming group to see if any of them are potential situational rushers. I find Weiskopf's length and explosiveness intriguing.

For some reason I am hung up on dearth of proven edge rushers, so I have been eyeing that incoming group to see if any of them are potential situational rushers. I find Weiskopf's length and explosiveness intriguing.
I recall watching some of his tape and he jumps off the screen at times. He's got more "twitch" than many would expect. It will be interesting to see how Phil uses him moving forward.

I recall watching some of his tape and he jumps off the screen at times. He's got more "twitch" than many would expect. It will be interesting to see how Phil uses him moving forward.

Gotta love someone who wins state in HJ (2x) and places 2nd in shot put! Pretty much the definition of twitchy.

Having Joe Evans coming off the edge is going to be missed. Deontae Craig was underwhelming as a pass rusher last year and given potential depth issues along the D-line this year, he will probably have to play inside a lot.

The 3 major concerns with the Iowa defense goes as follows:

Inability to generate a pass rush
Depth on the D-Line
Rhys Dakin being lousy

Having Joe Evans coming off the edge is going to be missed. Deontae Craig was underwhelming as a pass rusher last year and given potential depth issues along the D-line this year, he will probably have to play inside a lot.

The 3 major concerns with the Iowa defense goes as follows:

Inability to generate a pass rush
Depth on the D-Line
Rhys Dakin being lousy

Our air defense should be salty this year leaving ample opportunity for Parker to crash the LB’s into the backfield on obvious passing downs.

Latest posts