4th string freshman RB is bowl MVP

Aaron Grevin was MVP of Alamo Bowl. The next fall, he gave up the game due to injuries.

I love Coker, and he has a bright future...one year ago, we felt extremely excited about the depth Iowa had at RB for 2010...and then a fourth stringer is the last man standing.

I don't necessarily think that Coker should have been starting this year, but he should have gotten more snaps. Robinson produced quite well for us, and I definitely appreciate the contributions he made. But we leaned on him too heavily, and it cost both the team and Robinson himself (concussion against MSU). Post-concussion, I could entertain the argument for Coker starting.

Maybe he shouldn't have been the backup that late into the season. Kirk has a history of favoring veteran players (see Kyle McCann getting booed vs. Michigan and Christensen against Pitt over Stanzi).

I wonder about this as well. Kirk has always managed his teams this way. Could this philosophy play a factor in recruiting? Do rival coaches point this out to potential recruits?

Do any of you recall he missed most of camp and the first month due to a broken collarbone, so he didn't have a chance to learn the pass protections or the plays until about 8 games in. Seriously, some of you could be hanged and ***** that it wasn't a new rope. Do you think for a second that if he had been in camp that he may a have gotten more carries late in the year. He was the only back getting carries in practice for the last month, do you think that is why he played so well?

Do any of you recall he missed most of camp and the first month due to a broken collarbone, so he didn't have a chance to learn the pass protections or the plays until about 8 games in. Seriously, some of you could be hanged and ***** that it wasn't a new rope. Do you think for a second that if he had been in camp that he may a have gotten more carries late in the year. He was the only back getting carries in practice for the last month, do you think that is why he played so well?

+1
I also love the coke(r) n coe(la).