4 ranked foes

blkngldFRO

I have been looking everywhere and can not find a stat for this. When is the last time a NCAA team has beat 4 ranked teams in one month? I know in Hawkeye history it has never happened.

If all the other teams take care of wins before they meet the hawks they could all still be ranked. Even if just 3 were ranked anyone know the stat? 3 back to back ranked wins?

Penn State #22
Michigan #19 games before indiana
Wisconsin #11 games before michigan state, minnesota
Michigan State #24 wisconsin, michigan, Illinois

It's turned out that Iowa schedule is a lot harder then we originally thought going into the season.

What is everyones thought on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at those 4 teams and their respective schedules.. I think it will be pretty tough for all of them to be ranked when Iowa plays them.

I do think that Iowa's schedule is still fairly hard but they just get all of the hardest teams at home =) which gives everyone the "Easy" perspective!

I have been looking everywhere and can not find a stat for this. When is the last time a NCAA team has beat 4 ranked teams in one month? I know in Hawkeye history it has never happened.

If all the other teams take care of wins before they meet the hawks they will all be highly ranked.

Penn State #22
Michigan #19
Wisconsin #11
Michigan State #24

It's turned out that Iowa schedule is a lot harder then we originally thought going into the season.

What is everyones thought on this.

The odds are against MSU or Michigan being ranked. Sparty will have to knock off Wisconsin just to stay ranked. That way when they beat Michigan, the Wolverines may not drop out. Wisconsin is a lock to be ranked regardless of the outcome this week. However, if MSU loses this week and then beats Michigan next week, they will both be unranked.

The odds are against MSU or Michigan being ranked. Sparty will have to knock off Wisconsin just to stay ranked. That way when they beat Michigan, the Wolverines may not drop out. Wisconsin is a lock to be ranked regardless of the outcome this week. However, if MSU loses this week and then beats Michigan next week, they will both be unranked.

Yes, but if MSU beats Wisconsin and Michigan beats MSU, they'll all be ranked when we play them.

I agree that there is a good chance these teams will all be ranked when iowa plays them..
Michigan wins over IU....ranked.
MSU wins over wisky this weekend,and then beats Michigan...both still ranked.
And on top of that, NW could be 8-1 when they play Iowa...and would be ranked. They have PSU at PSU...along with Purdue,Minny and MSU...they could win those games...and be 8-1 when Iowa comes in...that record will have them ranked.
And of course OSU will be highly ranked...so that means between Arizona and OSU,Iowa will have faced 7 ranked teams in 9 games....yikes.

October is lining up to be a historic one for the Hawkeyes since Wisky lost to MSU.

If everything pans out and all the teams are ranked in the top 25 and Iowa wins all the games it will be the first time in history that a team beat 4 ranked foes in one month.

I am excited to see if the hawks can do it. I will definitely be cheering for the teams to keep them ranked.

Oct 9th i will be cheering for
Wisky and Michigan

Oct 16th i will be cheering for
IOWA, MSU, the question is do you pull for Ohio or Wisky? Whisky with 2 loses could be even more dangerous then normal. Although I would rather Ohio be ranked #2 or #1 in the nation when they come into Iowa City.

October is lining up to be a historic one for the Hawkeyes since Wisky lost to MSU.

If everything pans out and all the teams are ranked in the top 25 and Iowa wins all the games it will be the first time in history that a team beat 4 ranked foes in one month.

I am excited to see if the hawks can do it. I will definitely be cheering for the teams to keep them ranked.

Oct 9th i will be cheering for
Wisky and Michigan

Oct 16th i will be cheering for
IOWA, MSU, the question is do you pull for Ohio or Wisky? Whisky with 2 loses could be even more dangerous then normal. Although I would rather Ohio be ranked #2 or #1 in the nation when they come into Iowa City.

Never root for tOSU, ever!

Never root for tOSU, ever!

Yep. Wisconsin got exposed over the weekend, why anyone was surprised by it is baffling. They'll be lucky to finish 5-3 in conference play.

That being said, the game against Ohio State is the kind of game where they'll show up and play up to their abilities, and with Ohio States problems on offense, it wouldn't be that shocking to see Bucky pull the upset.

I know I would normally say don't cheer for tOSU but as long as they keep winning Iowa fans should cheer for them so we can beat the #1 or #2 team in the country when they come to Kinnick! That is just the facts.

Latest posts