4* Jyaz Jones Commits to the Hawks

Four star is a tad misleading. He's a 4 star on 247, 2 star on rivals, 3 star on scout, and not rated by ESPN.

Excited to have him, though.

Four star is a tad misleading. He's a 4 star on 247, 2 star on rivals, 3 star on scout, and not rated by ESPN.

Not sure about the stars, and the rating people's opinions. I trust our guys to evaluate talent - doesn't hurt that nebraska, baylor and texas tech have reportedly offered the kid as well (rivals).

Like I said in the other thread about him, he had an ACL injury his junior year so that is the reason Rivals docked him on his rating.

He is A.J. Jone's little brother if I remember right. Going off of what other offers they have means more to me then the stars from people who are self evaluators. Never the less everyone knows what an inexact science recruiting is. Hawks need athletes and at DB especially you can't have too many of em.

Like I said in the other thread about him, he had an ACL injury his junior year so that is the reason Rivals docked him on his rating.

Technically it was a hamstring injury that cost him his junior year. Still, Iowa is taking a guy who will arrive on campus having not played football since he was a sophomore in HS. He is definitely a boom or bust prospect.

On Scout, a 2-star rating means the players has not been evaluated-everyone starts there. Not sure if Rivals is same tho...

He will be lucky to play 2-3 games this year.

Either way, I'd rather take a risk on him compared to looking for a diamond in the rough hoping they will be great. I like the commit for sure.

To clarify-
Jyaz had a hamstring injury that caused him to miss his junior year. As of mid-May, he has a torn ACL that will likely cause him to miss his senior year.

To clarify-
Jyaz had a hamstring injury that caused him to miss his junior year. As of mid-May, he has a torn ACL that will likely cause him to miss his senior year.

Hmm.. this is interesting. Seems like quite a risk to me having not played since his sophomore year. So the coaching staff is guaging him off of his sophomore year? We'll see I guess.

The main thing I want to know though- how do you pronounce his name exactly? Jazz? Jay-Z? Jizz?

Let me guess: he has issues with qualifying as well. Could it be possible that this commitment is news to the Iowa staff?

Latest posts