30 For 30 - '85 Bears

NCHawker

I watched this on Netflix yesterday. It was great. Anyone else see it? Very thorough. Near the end they had a segment on Jim McMahon and his CTE like symptoms. Very interesting, doctors identified a misallignment in his vertebre and when adjusted it allowed spinal fluid to move to/from the brain. The pressure and headaches went away. He said it was "like flushing the toilet". But until the blockage is cleared damage takes place. It will be interesting if that issue is part of the CTE problem that some face.

Holy Moly Cow, Did you see the size of Super Bowl Ring on the Fridge's finger! Abnormal size of the ring finger. 25!
No wonders, he was able to hold on to the football for 7 yards and 3 touchdowns during his 10 yrs in NFL.
BfgtWSOIAAA7AAM.jpg

I watched this on Netflix yesterday. It was great. Anyone else see it? Very thorough. Near the end they had a segment on Jim McMahon and his CTE like symptoms. Very interesting, doctors identified a misallignment in his vertebre and when adjusted it allowed spinal fluid to move to/from the brain. The pressure and headaches went away. He said it was "like flushing the toilet". But until the blockage is cleared damage takes place. It will be interesting if that issue is part of the CTE problem that some face.

There is a lot of good stuff in that 30 for 30, but the McMahon CTE stuff is really informative.

One interesting story that they didn't tell was about Leslie Frazier getting his cleat caught in the turf on a punt return reverse that had already been blown dead because of a fair catch. Tragic.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/13/super-bowl-injuries-tim-krumrie-charles-woodson

Holy Moly Cow, Did you see the size of Super Bowl Ring on the Fridge's finger! Abnormal size of the ring finger. 25!
No wonders, he was able to hold on to the football for 7 yards and 3 touchdowns during his 10 yrs in NFL.
BfgtWSOIAAA7AAM.jpg
Nothing against Perry, but I'll never forgive Ditka for letting him score a TD in the Super Bowl while THE GREATEST football player EVER (Walter Payton), did not get his number called for a shot at the end zone. That was wrong no matter what anyone says and it pisses me off to this day.

Thanks, but unfortunately he had plenty of people and places to reach out, and didn't. It DID hurt for quite a while, but in the end, it's a selfish act. As someone said to me later, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Seriously, google it. If possible, google the critique some writer--long since gone, I'm sure--put on ESPN. IIRC, that "card" featured the aforementioned "bout", plus Joey Buttafuco vs. Chyna, Tonya Harding vs. Paula Jones, Danny "Partridge" Bonaduce vs. Barry "Greg Brady" Williams, and Dustin "Screech" Diamond vs. Ron "Horschach" Palillo. It was absolute gold, both the show AND the review!

Nothing against Perry, but I'll never forgive Ditka for letting him score a TD in the Super Bowl while THE GREATEST football player EVER (Walter Payton), did not get his number called for a shot at the end zone. That was wrong no matter what anyone says and it pisses me off to this day.
Was the score 46-10 and Walter Payton didn't get one chance to score! I have been watching him since I was a lad in 1975.He deserves to have that chance!