3 qb race videos?

bucksnducks

Everyone has their own opinion of who should be the starting qb.. Are there any videos out there of the Rudock, Sokol, Bearthard ( hope I spelled that right) , in action?

Who is that incoming freshman?

Nic Shimonek of Mildred High School in Corsciana, TX. Shimonek led his team to the state 2A title game in Texas last year. As a senior, he passed for 2,718 yards on 63.1% passing with 35/6 TD/INT. He also rushed for more than 800 yards and 16 TDs. He was lightly recruited following his junior year, with only an offer from Lamar to his name, and he committed to Iowa in May of '12. He may have received more scholarship offers had he not committed to Iowa so early and instead kept his recruitment open, but we'll never know. One huge reason he committed early is that he has family from Iowa and grew up a Hawkeye fan.

Hello, my name is. . .QB Nic Shimonek

Here's Cody Sokol's Spring game cut-up. I think he completed (and attempted) more 10+yard passes in the Spring game than we saw all last year which is very encouraging.

From those vids Sokol looks like a solid 1. He has a feel for the game that is not coachable. Looks to have strong enough arm on the outs and good timing on swing passes which are crucial in a dink and dunk GD offense. Just judging from the vids I think Sokol has it and it doesn't look close. If Rudock wins it and struggles this could be another Stanzi/JC situation.

I think at this point only the coaches truly know which QB is the favorite. As for one of them being more accurate than the others, I am reminded of many of the posts that mentioned how accurate JVB was. I among others was impressed by his accuracy, but in the end, it was a combination of things, accuracy, receivers, game situation and opponents. As we know he wasn't that good last year. And having receivers that can't catch played a large part into it.
I saw some good throws in the clips, along with some good catches. Excellent running by Jordan. I think in the end it will probably be the Jr College transfer; Sokol? that starts.

I can't believe everyone is basically ignoring the guy who was "it" when we got him. I'm ready to see what Rudock can do.

Latest posts