2nd Half getting gashed

NCHawker

We all witnessed Iowa's D getting pretty well gashed in 2nd half at OSU and vs Northwestern. However, Ironically, that did not happen to the same degree vs Wisconsin. My theory is that Iowa had to contend with running quarterbacks with OSU and jNW. However wisconsin posed a more conventional threat. So they picked their poison if you will and made sure to keep contain where ever possible and did what they could do up the middle. Avoiding the big play be QBs in favor of smaller plays up the middle.

what say you? Am I full of it?

So if you believe that - the question is, what's it all mean for Michigan and Nebraska?

If Brady decides to let Gardner run around, that might be good for them and give us more to think about

Nebraska, is pretty athletic but their current QB does not strike me as a runner.

Last edited:
OSU has much more talent than us top to bottom, the difference is less stark with the starters so in the first half everyone is fresh and the game was closer. In the 2nd half the depth came into play and was our downfall. Pretty common in college football.

The hawk Dee didnt have a great tackling/taking angles second half in the NW game from my vantage point and this might have been part of the OSU 2nd half issues plus getting winded.

Our defense is getting gashed because the offense is not pulling it's weight in the 2nd half. Statistically, our defense is ahead of our offense. Over the final two games, the offense has a chance to close the gap by finally playing a complete game.

I will give it a go. Our d will shred nebby this year. As pointed out, we can contain pretty well. The qb who is the passer stares down his target and will not be able to throw that issue before our game. If he does, apply some pressure. Field goals only. As bo stands at the side lines looking dazed and confused.
Pass it along boys. Bird bird bird is the word.

I will give it a go. Our d will shred nebby this year. As pointed out, we can contain pretty well. The qb who is the passer stares down his target and will not be able to throw that issue before our game. If he does, apply some pressure. Field goals only. As bo stands at the side lines looking dazed and confused.
Pass it along boys. Bird bird bird is the word.

What the hell does that mean???

What the hell does that mean???
Like a phoenix from the ashes the hawks rise up and sweep the last two.
Really i was just being funny, but if it works for you, use it.
Wouldnt that be funny if kf said that in his pregame? Instead of go green or go blue, kf says "oh and remember bird bird, bird is the word". People would come out of their chairs and every dvr watching would go into rewind and then record mode.
Then after a big stop or td, it comes on the pa. Players could do a little dance. On the sidelines ofcourse, we dont need a flag. 80 people on the sidelines doing the bird. People would either get into it or think we are crazy, or both.

Last edited:

Latest posts