'24 PWO Series

Good stuff. I am a Central Lyon grad. Early to mid 60’s. I noticed the history of D-1 players from there was listed at 7. I can confirm the following . Paul Rogers, outstanding place kicker at Nebraska. Dave Poe, 4 year starter at Harvard. Passed up an NFL offer when he was admitted to St. John’s Medical. Chuck Danish, scholarship at Nebraska. Dave and Chuck played for the Lions and went undefeated, and ranked #3 in the State, Class B, by the DMR.
I know there were a couple of others at that time that were recruited by the Air Force Academy.
Lots of CL kids played at South Dakota U and State, Sioux Falls College, Augustana, Morningside, UNI.

I don't know the evolution of the consolidation of the program/school. Maybe GE was talking about a certain period of time, maybe since it's been CL/G-LR? Not sure. And no way I'm researching that. That's why I attributed it to GE. :p

I don't know the evolution of the consolidation of the program/school. Maybe GE was talking about a certain period of time, maybe since it's been CL/G-LR? Not sure. And no way I'm researching that. That's why I attributed it to GE. :p
I know you will find this deeply interesting: Rock Rapids partnered with Doon around 1960. That was the transition to Central Lyon. George and Little Rock came in long after. Not sure when. Prior to their assimilation, Central Lyon has had a really strong football program. The old news I posted was pre-G&LR. You have my permission and encouragement to now terminate this exchange. He He !

Latest posts