'24 IAFB Loaded w/ NFL Prospects

The Athlete Article:

College Freaks List 2025 lists Logan Jones at Number Nine

9. Logan Jones, Iowa, center

Kirk Ferentz keeps cranking out Freaks. The 6-3, 293-pound converted defensive lineman ranked No. 52 on last year’s list.

I don't disagree with any of these young men being on this list, but pretty much everyone of them on offense has a lot to prove before they are NFL contenders to me. I believe they can do so, but being a 3-year starter going into this season is a dubious honor given how atrocious the offense and line play has been during that stretch.

Then again, no one thought much of the 2002 OL during KF's first couple years.

They all have the chance to come together and show that they are NFL-caliber players.

If we aren’t an elite running team this year they need to fire Barnett.
What one considers 'elite' is subjective. That said w/ the qty of returning starts they have on the OL they'd better be much improved over the past couple years for sure......even w/ installing a new offense. If they can end the year w/ 4+ypc average that would be much improve. Limiting the allowed sacks will be a key to their success.

I don't disagree with any of these young men being on this list, but pretty much everyone of them on offense has a lot to prove before they are NFL contenders to me. I believe they can do so, but being a 3-year starter going into this season is a dubious honor given how atrocious the offense and line play has been during that stretch.

Then again, no one thought much of the 2002 OL during KF's first couple years.

They all have the chance to come together and show that they are NFL-caliber players.

O-line play is so poor in the NFL right now, that anyone with a pulse, has a legit shot of making a roster. There are about 5 NFL teams that have good o-lines and everyone else is dealing with patchwork dogshit. Mason Richman and Logan Jones have a good shot of getting drafted and making a roster, if they can stay healthy.

Last edited: