21-19

bighawkeyedaddy

Iowa's record in conference play the last 5 seasons. Last year definitely boosts that up a little bit as well. For some reason I was thinking this would be better. Then I also realized we have lost 5 or more games in 4 of the last 6 years.

Last year was great, and I don't expect us to go to a BCS game every year. I just can't believe that we have become accustomed to winning 7 or 8 games a year and haven't even realized it. This year really wasn't a down year at all, it's pretty much what has become a typical season in reality.

Iowa's record in conference play the last 5 seasons. Last year definitely boosts that up a little bit as well. For some reason I was thinking this would be better. Then I also realized we have lost 5 or more games in 4 of the last 6 years.

Last year was great, and I don't expect us to go to a BCS game every year. I just can't believe that we have become accustomed to winning 7 or 8 games a year and haven't even realized it. This year really wasn't a down year at all, it's pretty much what has become a typical season in reality.

BINGO! And the scales of darkness fall from your eyes as you put the kool-aid down and walk out of the mist. Eye opening what those stats will do for ya - ain't it? I found the same thing early last year...I couldn't believe my eyes. What is really, really gauling is that our margin of loss in those games is incredibly close. The usual suspect in the overwhelming vast majority of those conference losses was not being able to put enough points on the board.

KOK must go. We are a decent OC away from having an elite championship team. I only wish KF had as much loyalty to the Iowa Hawkeyes as he has towards KOK. If he did, he might do what is in the best interests of the team instead of what is in the best interests of KOK.

KOK is NOT the problem. Is he perfect? Hell no. But those clamoring for a "sexier" OC have yet to suggest anybody as a replacement. Should we switch to the Georgia Tech triple option? Maybe we should run the pistol like Nevada or the wacky pass-only offense they run at Middle Tennessee State. If we had a team that was willing to play a complete 60 minutes every week we'd be in the BCS right now. But we don't. We have guys who will play 50 minutes and then be content to let the last 10 minutes sort themselves out. It doesn't matter what plays are called (KOK did call our offense last year and that seemed fine by most people) if the team has no heart.

21-19 and yet there's a very confident segment of HawkeyeNation that continues to preach how great we've had it and how appreciative we should be to be where we are.

KF is our man and I am confident we should stay the course, but the staff seriously needs to look themselves in the mirror and re-assess how we scheme and stubbornly approach the game plans from week to week against inferior opponents like NW, Indiana and Minnesota (I can swallow hard on gut wrenching last minute losses to OSU and Wisky as hard as it is to accept), because lilke Bill Parcells says "YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE"...21-19...gulp!

do you know when someone "cherry-picks" passages from the bible to support their slanted views.... just like that anti-gay women who pickets at funerals. that is just like what you are doing with stats. care to post other Big Ten records spreading the same timeframe?

then that should shine some perspective on this subject. if you neglect to do so i will. know that we are a top 15 program for winning percentage spanning '01-'10 --why is this lost in translation?

Why do we have a mediocre conference record? Same reason Danny Mac kicked KF's ***. When you refuse to change, you become very easy to scheme against. Give a coaching staff a couple of years of game film and it will be hard to succeed.

Why do we have a mediocre conference record? Same reason Danny Mac kicked KF's ***. When you refuse to change, you become very easy to scheme against. Give a coaching staff a couple of years of game film and it will be hard to succeed.

Teams have had plenty of time to game plan against Iowa, so how do you argue Iowa's success in the past 10 years? Just luck. I think some "fans" need to get a life and take a break in trying to figure out why iowa is 7-5.

Teams have had plenty of time to game plan against Iowa, so how do you argue Iowa's success in the past 10 years? Just luck. I think some "fans" need to get a life and take a break in trying to figure out why iowa is 7-5.

21-19 over the last five years sums it up. Going back ten years starts to sound a bit like ISU pushing the date back further and further in discussing their record against Iowa.

2002, 2003, 2004 were before teams got the hang against Iowa. After that time (with the exception of last year) the in-conference record is so so at best.

We have a "mediocre" conference record because we play in a really good conference year in and year out. When you play in a conference that produces 2 BCS teams annually and sends loads of kids to the NFL every year, establishing perennial dominance is a pipe dream most of the time. Look what happened with Boise State and Nevada. I don't think Nevada is a better team than Boise State but they won that game. The same could be said for many of our losses in conference recently. Also, the RB situation in 2005 and 2006 didn't help matters any.

care to post other Big Ten records spreading the same timeframe?

then that should shine some perspective on this subject. if you neglect to do so i will. know that we are a top 15 program for winning percentage spanning '01-'10 --why is this lost in translation?

21-19 will put you right in the middle of the bell curve. I'll spare myself the time putting together the stats, I am certain Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State are ahead of us, maybe us, MSU, and Purdue in the middle followed by the rest of the pack, no science to that.

Top 15, I hope you are right, it sure sounds good for recruiting and a cute poster just not sure if the stats would reflect it, remember we've had some good years with some good bowl games to top things off with a bunch of mediocrity right in the middle, a good 2008, a great 2009 and right back to just an above average 7-5 in 2010 like the 21-19 represents.

We have a "mediocre" conference record, because we have a coach that can't win close games 7-24 now. Koolaid it all you want but 21-19 in conf, and 7-24 says it all.

KOK is NOT the problem. Is he perfect? Hell no. But those clamoring for a "sexier" OC have yet to suggest anybody as a replacement. Should we switch to the Georgia Tech triple option? Maybe we should run the pistol like Nevada or the wacky pass-only offense they run at Middle Tennessee State. If we had a team that was willing to play a complete 60 minutes every week we'd be in the BCS right now. But we don't. We have guys who will play 50 minutes and then be content to let the last 10 minutes sort themselves out. It doesn't matter what plays are called (KOK did call our offense last year and that seemed fine by most people) if the team has no heart.

KOK is not the problem huh? Ok, then you shouldn't have any trouble pointing to just ONE year in the last 7 years where KOK's offense ranked in the top 30 in the nation. Just one will do.

And where in the stinking world did you get the idea that last year's Offense was any good at all? It was DESPICABLE! It was like 96th in the nation in scoring offense! How, in the name of Nile Kinnick, can you call that "fine"? Really? Our success last year was because of our DEFENSE. We are the reverse version of Michigan - a great Defense with one of the worst Offenses in all of FBS football.

Tell me, how many years do you expect the Defense to carry it's weight AND the Offense's weight also? Or are you perfectly content to have half a team and see how far that takes us?

And no, no one is calling for Oregon's Offense - or Illinois, or anything that is any different. I LIKE the style of Offense that Iowa plays - in fact I think it is the best style any football team could play. What I want to see is some FREAKING COMPETENCY from the Offensive coaching staff! Is that too freaking much to ask? Look at Wisconsin - they run the SAME STYLE of Offense as does Iowa. The difference between the two is that they have an OC who HAS A FREAKING CLUE what the hell he's doing and actually puts PRODUCTION on the field.

KOK is not the problem huh? Ok, then you shouldn't have any trouble pointing to just ONE year in the last 7 years where KOK's offense ranked in the top 30 in the nation. Just one will do.

And where in the stinking world did you get the idea that last year's Offense was any good at all? It was DESPICABLE! It was like 96th in the nation in scoring offense! How, in the name of Nile Kinnick, can you call that "fine"? Really? Our success last year was because of our DEFENSE. We are the reverse version of Michigan - a great Defense with one of the worst Offenses in all of FBS football.

Tell me, how many years do you expect the Defense to carry it's weight AND the Offense's weight also? Or are you perfectly content to have half a team and see how far that takes us?

And no, no one is calling for Oregon's Offense - or Illinois, or anything that is any different. I LIKE the style of Offense that Iowa plays - in fact I think it is the best style any football team could play. What I want to see is some FREAKING COMPETENCY from the Offensive coaching staff! Is that too freaking much to ask? Look at Wisconsin - they run the SAME STYLE of Offense as does Iowa. The difference between the two is that they have an OC who HAS A FREAKING CLUE what the hell he's doing and actually puts PRODUCTION on the field.

Agreed - we lost to Wiscy by one point so how on earth does one explain how they proceed to absolutely destroy inferior competition in NW, Minn and Indiana when we, by all rights, should have lost to all 3 of these opponents this season as we often have to NW and Indiana in other seasons. How is it possible we cannot score an average of 30-40 pts against these 3 opponents. Something is not right with the offense...

BINGO! And the scales of darkness fall from your eyes as you put the kool-aid down and walk out of the mist. Eye opening what those stats will do for ya - ain't it? I found the same thing early last year...I couldn't believe my eyes. What is really, really gauling is that our margin of loss in those games is incredibly close. The usual suspect in the overwhelming vast majority of those conference losses was not being able to put enough points on the board.

KOK must go. We are a decent OC away from having an elite championship team. I only wish KF had as much loyalty to the Iowa Hawkeyes as he has towards KOK. If he did, he might do what is in the best interests of the team instead of what is in the best interests of KOK.

Stone. Cold. Truth.

21-19 will put you right in the middle of the bell curve. I'll spare myself the time putting together the stats, I am certain Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State are ahead of us, maybe us, MSU, and Purdue in the middle followed by the rest of the pack, no science to that.

Top 15, I hope you are right, it sure sounds good for recruiting and a cute poster just not sure if the stats would reflect it, remember we've had some good years with some good bowl games to top things off with a bunch of mediocrity right in the middle, a good 2008, a great 2009 and right back to just an above average 7-5 in 2010 like the 21-19 represents.

thanks for that pi$$ poor effort.... Here is the totals since people love to "cherry-pick" stats..... Iowa gets the Tie Breaker here for going 3-1 versus MSU in the 5 year span. Bowl record in parenthesis()

OSU........36-4 (1-3)
UW.........27-13 (2-2)
PSU........26-14 (3-1)
IOWA......21-19 (2-1)
MSU.......21-19 (0-3)
MICH......19-21 (1-1)
NU.........18-22 (0-2)
ILL.........16-24 (0-1)
PU.........16-24 (1-1)
MINNY....11-29 (0-3)
IU...........9-31 (0-1)

What you should really consider is what KF Record is from '01-'10 to be completely fair. i was just using what the OP listed for a time frame (last 5 years).

Pretty cool to say that we are one of two Big 10 teams to claim a winning bowl record during this span. The ONLY Big 10 Team to claim Back-2-Back bowl wins and will pursue a third this year!

The last teams to have won 3 bowls in a row are as follows:

Iowa: 2008, 2009, & 2010?
PSU: 2005, 2006, & 2007
OSU: 2002, 2003, 2004, & 2005
Minny: 2002, 2003, & 2004
UM: 1998, 1999, 2000, & 2001
UW: 1998, 1999, & 2000

^ These are the most recent teams to have won 3 in a row (some may have more instances, but these are the most recent)

Latest posts