2025 Recruiting Ranking

I'm as happy as the next guy about our 'development' in the past.
That said, we cant recruit at this level (#48) and be competitive long term.
I think its time for a new, fresh approach for Iowa football.
What's the new approach, though? We aren't even in the same solar system moneywise and until that changes (it's not going to), we have what we have.

I'd like to see these rankings done as a matrix of wins per NIL dollar. It'd look different and Iowa would be way higher than 48th.

What's the new approach, though? We aren't even in the same solar system moneywise and until that changes (it's not going to), we have what we have.

I'd like to see these rankings done as a matrix of wins per NIL dollar. It'd look different and Iowa would be way higher than 48th.
True, but the slightly scary thing is that the Hawks often start out rather high in these recruiting rankings, then gradually slide down into the #30-40 range. I can't remember a year when they've been ranked this low as a group.

True, but the slightly scary thing is that the Hawks often start out rather high in these recruiting rankings, then gradually slide down into the #30-40 range. I can't remember a year when they've been ranked this low as a group.
See below.

In the past 5 years Iowa has had an average recruiting ranking of 41.5 out of 130.

https://thewalkonredshirts.com/recruiting-class-ranking-vs-teams-performance/

They're the 2nd highest performing team in D1AA relative to their recruiting ranking. Which means no other team does more with less than BYU. Relating to the other thread, maybe @BigD should read up before he decides we should ditch our current staff.

It's also worth taking note of many of the bottom dwellers like ISU, FSU, nebraska (128th out of 130).

Arkansas has an average ranking of 26.3 out of 130 and they're dead last.

nebraska's average ranking is 26 and they perform 3rd from last.

South Carolina 26.3 and 4th from last.

Stanford average ranking class of 25.3 and they're 117th out of 130.

Auburn's average ranking was 12!!! and they performed 111th out of 130.

FSU, same deal.

What's the takeaway? Teams like nebraska who ditch good staffs for no reason tend to flounder, and even more importantly it's painfully obvious that recruiting rankings are total bullshit when you look at performance relative to ranking. Also keep in mind the people doing these rankings aren't coaches and most aren't associated with football in any way aside from having a side gig writing articles for rivals or 24/7.

Latest posts