2023 College Football Survival Pool

This week's an easy one...

Week 3: Iowa
Oh come on guys where’s your faith against Penn State????

Yeah I new if we got past ISU this was coming. This is like a waste down.

This also could be a Brian F trap game. You know we have one of these almost every year. Will we need to block a field goal twice at the end of the game?

Actually this could be a game where Brian runs his average up to keep hanging both arms around daddy’s leg…………. Save me daddy……….. save me!

Week 1: Texas
Week 2: Colorado
Week 3: Iowa over Western Michigan

Hate using them this early but that PSU game week 4 scares me. Going with the go with them early or not at all mentality.

This also could be a Brian F trap game. You know we have one of these almost every year. Will we need to block a field goal twice at the end of the game?

Actually this could be a game where Brian runs his average up to keep hanging both arms around daddy’s leg…………. Save me daddy……….. save me!
Every game feels like a BF trap game.

Yeah, Western Michigan delivered probably the most disheartening blow to the Hawks I can remember, I think it was back in 2000. My friend and rabid Hawk fan came out from Hawaii to catch two consecutive home games vs Iowa St. and W.Michigan. The Hawks lost both. Completely dispiriting, and I'll never forget it. This was the low-point for me as a fan going back to the mid-'80s. Definitely don't want to see that again!

Yeah, Western Michigan delivered probably the most disheartening blow to the Hawks I can remember, I think it was back in 2000. My friend and rabid Hawk fan came out from Hawaii to catch two consecutive home games vs Iowa St. and W.Michigan. The Hawks lost both. Completely dispiriting, and I'll never forget it. This was the low-point for me as a fan going back to the mid-'80s. Definitely don't want to see that again!

You must not have had the pleasure of watching Jake Christensen lead Iowa to a 28-19 loss to Western Michigan on Senior Day in 2007 to keep us from getting 7 wins, which were necessary to guarantee a bowl that season. Opening day 2008 the poor PA guy had to change his intro for Ferentz and instead of saying "seven straight bowl games" he had to say "bowl eligible 7 years in a row."

You must not have had the pleasure of watching Jake Christensen lead Iowa to a 28-19 loss to Western Michigan on Senior Day in 2007 to keep us from getting 7 wins, which were necessary to guarantee a bowl that season. Opening day 2008 the poor PA guy had to change his intro for Ferentz and instead of saying "seven straight bowl games" he had to say "bowl eligible 7 years in a row."
Ha. For some reason I didn't attend that game in-person, but vividly remember watching it on the tube. I'd already given up on the Hawks that year, I think. Christensen was indeed terrible that day, and I still have images of him in my mind during that game throwing a number of passes into the turf.

Week 1 - Kentucky over ball State
week 2 - arkansas over kent state
Week 1 - Kentucky over ball State
week 2 - arkansas over kent state
week 3- Iowa over Western Michigan

I am going to pre-pick weeks 4 and 5 and I will be out of the country and might be drunk on French wine and cheeses, I will reserve the right to change them if I think about it - will see how lucky I get!

week 4 Miami (Florida) over Temple
week 5 Texas over Kansas (Hopfully I get a chance to re-evaluate this one!)