2022 bowl opponent

NCHawker

Teams I don't want Iowa to play...

South Carolina, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Oregon State, Wake, NC State, Texas, KSU, Just about any P5 team with 7 wins. Any team with a pulse could score 17 points which is a good outing for the D and a bridge too far for the O

And I don't think Iowa is very attractive for a bowl... Purdue has an offense to watch, Minnesota and Illinois have good RBs to watch, Penn State is Penn State, That would put Iowa about #6 in the pecking order.

UM, OSU< PSU, IL, Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa

Last edited:

South Carolina, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Oregon State, Wake, NC State, Texas, KSU, Just about any P5 team with 7 wins. Any team with a pulse could score 17 points which is a good outing for the D and a bridge too far for the O

And I don't think Iowa is very attractive for a bowl... Purdue has an offense to watch, Minnesota and Illinois have good RBs to watch, Penn State is Penn State, That would put Iowa about #6 in the pecking order.

Nothing new here, but Iowa is always a draw because fans travel.

Game be damned.

Yay on the Duke Mayo Bowl, boo on NC State.
No we want NC State! Finally a chance to avenge the ‘88 Peach and ‘92 Kickoff Classic! I’ve had horrific nightmares being chased by red shirts in Fulton County Stadium, thinking I found sanctuary at the Meadowlands, only to continue to be hunted by the red jerseys.

Bastards.....had Reliaquest tix and Iowa just couldn't make my day. Damn it.
Same here. We didn’t have tickets but live 40 minutes from Raymond James Stadium would’ve enjoyed having the Hawks come to Tampa. Oh well made the drive to Orlando last year to see them.

I've had season tickets for many years, but I have a hard time visualizing a lot of Iowa fans traveling to watch this team play. And that was the sentiment I was hearing in the stands Friday night as well. I'd be curious as to the lowest # of tickets the Hawks have ever sold, from their bowl game allotment, over the last 10 years. Whatever that # is, I'm guessing there's a good chance they'll come under it this year.

Don't discount the morbid curiosity of fans watching the corpse that is the Iowa offense and the drama surrounding the father son dynamics ala Yellowstone. Plus all the fans of other schools who watch it to feel better about their team ala Jerry Springer. This is can't miss TV.

90 minutes from here.

Same for me. If we get this game, you and I will be the official party planning committee, but I don't want you giving out invites to the tailgate to just anyone. I suspect we may get an appearance from notorious Durty Thirty member VintageHawkeye if we go to this game.

I've had season tickets for many years, but I have a hard time visualizing a lot of Iowa fans traveling to watch this team play. And that was the sentiment I was hearing in the stands Friday night as well. I'd be curious as to the lowest # of tickets the Hawks have ever sold, from their bowl game allotment, over the last 10 years. Whatever that # is, I'm guessing there's a good chance they'll come under it this year.
I’m wondering if this is a ripple effect across the board as bowl games become less relevant? Take Ohio State for example, they have a great traveling fan base as well but going to the Rose Bowl instead of the playoffs is a huge disappointment for them (imagine that!). Will they even sellout their allotment? I’d assume they will but the prices could be lower since the demand is not as high.