2019 IHSAA Basketball Tourney

Why oh why do they still play that silly consolation game? Get rid of it.

My highlight memory of the boy's tournament was 1999 when I watched Nick Collison play as a man among boys. Iowa Falls was a big rival to my hometown (Hampton) but I cheered the Cadets during the tourney.

I think that his brother's high school career is over.

Daquon Lewis, who not three people on this board had probably ever heard of, gets his moment in the sun.

That's the nature of postseason play at any level in any sport. Unsung players stepping up. Be ready for the moment because you never know when it will come.

Lewis by the way saw his playing time increase only when senior Marshaun Carroll went down for the year with an injury. Next man up!

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. Shot clock is a must. It's one of the big reasons why the Iowa high school basketball talent pool is so shallow. It hinders development.
What's the reasoning for not having a shot clock, or is there any?

Cedar Falls 35 North Scott 27
Dubuque Senior 57 Waukee 55 in OT

An Eastern Iowa 4A Final.

Osky 48-43 over Winterset to take on Norwalk in 3A final.

Continue with grenades at IHSAA over the need to take the game into the 21st century with a shot clock.

In the 5A girl's championship game, SE Polk had the ball in a tie game with 2 minutes left. They attempted to hold for the last shot. As soon as I saw it, I said Karma was going to get them for that. It sort of worked for them as Valley fouled, and SE Polk hit the FTs to go up 2. But then Valley came down and made a traditional 3-pt play to take the lead and held on.

Bottom line: if something would never fly in a pick-up game (e.g. stalling, flopping), it shouldn't be allowed to exist in real game.

What's the reasoning for not having a shot clock, or is there any?
Money.
And a body with a brain to get paid to run it.

those would be difficulties for smaller schools.

I watched Foster yesterday.....he stood around....alot. Seems like he should be dominating. I think with some good coaching he'll be OK. He needs to keep away from Fran.

Grandview 43 Alburnett 24
Your class 1A champs.
Suggest other 1A parochial schools beef up the recruiting budget if Grandview continues..

Ummmm .... Connor .... just a little self-awareness

you should worry about your game and your team mates.

You guys play 8 more minutes than high school WITH a shot clock and only scored 42 without a last second meaningless basket.

Shut you hole and put it in the hole.