2015 Recruiting Class

Yup. Can you imagine if he can put on 10 to 15 more lbs of muscle what that'd do for his game?...

That and becoming more assertive while staying under control could do wonders for his future. He'd be a draft pick for sure. He's the best pro prospect Fran has coached imo. Such a unique skill set.

Next season will be a fun one to watch unravel. So many new faces. Then throw in watching to see who evolves their game and who becomes the leaders. I can't wait.

That and becoming more assertive while staying under control could do wonders for his future. He'd be a draft pick for sure. He's the best pro prospect Fran has coached imo. Such a unique skill set.

Next season will be a fun one to watch unravel. So many new faces. Then throw in watching to see who evolves their game and who becomes the leaders. I can't wait.

I agree. If for nothing else to see if and who will emerge out of this new crop of recruits and force himself into more playing time. I can also see Uthoff taking another step and getting some national attention next year. Will it be enough get into the tourney again..?....Dunno, but I'm looking forward it.

Moss can D and Fleming can play multiples. They ain't redshirting, bro.

I really am anxious to see the young pups in action. I saw a clip of Williams recently that show he could blossom and play either 1 or 2. I don't think his jumper is where it needs to be to play the 2. Hutton, Moss, Fleming and Wagner are all athletic. DJ, man, he hit over 40% of more than 200 3 pnt attempts last season. He and JU and Jok might avg 50 points between them. This should be an exciting PTL. To bad no one publishes free vids of each game.

I really am anxious to see the young pups in action. I saw a clip of Williams recently that show he could blossom and play either 1 or 2. I don't think his jumper is where it needs to be to play the 2. Hutton, Moss, Fleming and Wagner are all athletic. DJ, man, he hit over 40% of more than 200 3 pnt attempts last season. He and JU and Jok might avg 50 points between them. This should be an exciting PTL. To bad no one publishes free vids of each game.

Uthoff has the ability, but I'm not so sure he has the personality to lead the team. I look for Woodbury, Gesell, Clemmons, and Uthoff to all step up. Woodbury and Gesell seem to have more aggressive personalities than Uthoff. Uthoff will definitely be a go to guy for Iowa.

Uthoff has the ability, but I'm not so sure he has the personality to lead the team. I look for Woodbury, Gesell, Clemmons, and Uthoff to all step up. Woodbury and Gesell seem to have more aggressive personalities than Uthoff. Uthoff will definitely be a go to guy for Iowa.

With 4 SR' on the team that will often be on the floor together, perhaps we'll have 4 leaders and won't need to rely on just one. I saw JU getting after some folk in and out of timeouts, last season, but I agree with you on Woody. He will probably be "the" leader as his personality lends itself to that. But, mostly, I hope we will be a self-policing team and the needed leadership will be for the young guns coming in.

I really am looking forward to next season because it could also provide a glimpse of the future (Jok, Uhl, Jones & Ellingson-my picks as a money 3-ball shooters, Moss, Williams, Hutton, Wagner and Fleming.) It's going to be an up and down season, I think, but with more ups than downs and a team I think makes it back to the NCAA. But, the B1G will be loaded next season, so anything can happen.

If Uthoff really steps it up this season I can see him getting drafted in the late first or early second. His game is extremely similar to Chandler Parsons from Florida.

Yeah that's a pretty good comparison. Uthoff's been a better shooter in college than Parsons and is a better defender. Parsons is a lot better off the bounce and better passer, but yeah long 6'9" wings with a jump shot absolutely have a place in the NBA.

Lots of 'ifs' follow Uthoff, I have yet to see the gam in and game out consistency that matches his overall ability. He has all the tool to be a BIG POY contender if all your 'ifs' follow through.

Until then, I think Jok will be Iowas best offensive player, he changed his game throughout the season.

Also, Iowa lost 2 guys in White/Olaseni, I still don't see an up and down season...Iowa will be more like a team that can create havoc with the press than in years past, that will makeup for some size issues they are going to have in conference play. Overall, I like the depth along the backcourt which has not been there since Fran arrived...Iowa has nor had this much talent at the 1-3 positions for a very long time.

Only certainty is that Jones isn't redshirting. Maybe someone will have some type of injury that will determine who redshirts.

Lots of 'ifs' follow Uthoff, I have yet to see the gam in and game out consistency that matches his overall ability. He has all the tool to be a BIG POY contender if all your 'ifs' follow through.

Until then, I think Jok will be Iowas best offensive player, he changed his game throughout the season.

Also, Iowa lost 2 guys in White/Olaseni, I still don't see an up and down season...Iowa will be more like a team that can create havoc with the press than in years past, that will makeup for some size issues they are going to have in conference play. Overall, I like the depth along the backcourt which has not been there since Fran arrived...Iowa has nor had this much talent at the 1-3 positions for a very long time.
You seem to be fine offering your own hypotheticals when talking about Peter in your previous posts.

If Uthoff was inconsistent, how would you describe Peter? He scored in double figures in 7 games after the B1G season started, only one of which came against a team in the top 8 of the conference (Maryland).

Uthoff will be competing for B1G POY and 1st team All B1G. Jok will be competing for his starting job.

Devyn Marble was a 3rd team All B1G his Jr. year and a 1st teamer his Sr. year

Aaron White was a 3rd team All B1G his Jr. year and a 1st teamer his Sr. year

Jarrod Uthoff was a 3rd team All B1G his Jr. year.......

Agree with previous 2 posts.

Don't know how anyone could have watched last season and really think Jok will average more points than JU this.

Utoff is a likely 1st team all conference player and potential POY, I think most of us would be thrilled if Jok showed enough consistency to make third team.

If Uthoff really steps it up this season I can see him getting drafted in the late first or early second. His game is extremely similar to Chandler Parsons from Florida.

If he develops the way everyone thinks he can I am thinking mid to late first. It won't be because of his jumper it will be because of his wingspan and his ability to get out on the perimeter and defend. He won't be Kawhi Leonard, but he will be able to hold his own out on the perimeter. As Mike23 pointed out his skill set is what you need in the league right now. As a rook, I can see him giving you 6 and 4 coming off the bench.

Utoff will be the best offensive player next season.

Im not really sure what to expect out of Jok next year other than good jump shooting.

I am on board with this. Even though he has gotten better defending ball screens, especially high ball screens, he still isn't a great on-the-ball defender and never will be. Some nights he will give 20, other nights he will give you 4 and be in foul trouble.

Agree with previous 2 posts.

Don't know how anyone could have watched last season and really think Jok will average more points than JU this.

Utoff is a likely 1st team all conference player and potential POY, I think most of us would be thrilled if Jok showed enough consistency to make third team.

If Uthoff is first team all conference then Iowa will probably have a pretty good year. There are going to be a lot of great players that will be vying for first team all conference. Iowa would probably need to finish in the top five for him to be considered.

Someone has to redshirt, there just isn't enough room for all of them.

Uthoff/Gessel/Jok/Woodbury/Clemmons are all going to play significant minutes. That's 5 guys, possibly your starting lineup.

Then you also have Dom Uhl which will be interesting to see how he progresses. Also theres Ellingson coming off a redshirt and Dale Jones the Juco transfer who will not be red shirting.

Add 5 new Freshman to that mix and you can see there's just not room, that's 13 players total I just listed. I tend to think these things work themselves out though through injuries and grades and transfers and all of that. For example if Flemming comes out on fire then Ellingson will probably get buried on the bench....or vice versa. Also it sounds like maybe Moss is having some grades issues that are keeping him out of the PTL?

Iowa needs athletes who can D and guys who play multiple positions..I don't see scoring being an issue so my candidates to redshit are Moss and Fleming...just a guess.

Let's see...We have one guy in this class that played at one of if not the top public high schools in Chicago and another that played at one of if not the top prep school in the country and THOSE are the ones you think will redshirt?

I don't know who might redshirt, but I am pretty sure it WON'T be them.

Latest posts