2015 Recruiting Class for Football

KatoZenti

I don't think this class will finish high in the nation let alone the B1G for 2015.

Who are they holding out for? Iowa kids with little or no athletic ability. Sorry about my frustration, but I want better recruits going forward.

I would really like to know what happened with the following:

1. QB Jack Beneventi getting his scholarship pulled after receiving it a year ago. Ryan Boyle & Drew Cook lack a deep ball arm.

2. Juco RB Ke'aun Kinner not making a pledge. He looks more fluid than anyone on the current roster and beyond.

3. Juco DE Torey Hendrick not being followed up with. He brings energy to the position.

Are we missing the target with recruits like this or bad evaluating from the staff?

Who'll round out this class?

It might have been grades with the latter two. With the first, he doesn't seem to be a Bigten quality QB.

The Hawks are still in the running on several high value recruits:

Requan Willaims DT (4*) down to MSU and Iowa. Would be a HUGE get.

Travis Bartlett ATH (high 3*) (probably LB or TE) down to Utah, Oregon, Washington, & Iowa. Would be a another great get.

Jonathon Crawford Saftey (3*) down to Indiana, Syracuse, North Carolina and Iowa. Position of need for sure for Iowa right now

DE's we are after (all 3*)
-Chris Hart (North Carolina, Utah, Iowa)
-Anree Saint Armour (Stanford, MSU, Iowa)
-Nate Howard (Wisconsin commit)
-Ruben Jones (Nebraska commit)

If we get Williams, and Barlett I would be very, very happy. If we can just get 2 of these position groups filled with the above list, that would be solid. The key is not having to go after fallbacks on all counts at DT, DE, LB and S.

On top of those 4 I think we still bring in Markel Smith at RB, and also another DB (John Kelly or Dominic Christian).

I just can't believe with the coaching carousel that we haven't poached ONE recruit away from Nebraska, Wisconsin, or Michigan. Not one? I look at what Butch Jones is doing at Tennessee and can see that he must be one hell of a recruiter or else he's paying guys cause on ESPN's top 300 list Tennessee has no less than 9 guys on that list and we have ZERO. Last I checked Tenn was 6-6 and we are 7-5 so what is the big sell for coming to Tennessee? Kirks got to get off his a double s and act hungry. If Brian truly has aspirations for being a head coach wouldn't landing 4 or 5 of these type of players help his resume? It just seems that we are stagnant all the way around program and they've all gotten complacent. Am I wrong?

.....and that 6-6 team with little success for several years brings in a staff that can recruit and adds another star to the mix.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Article/Darrin-Kirkland-Jr-Commits-To-Tennessee-Volunteers-33881881

THE 12th 4 star recruit of the class. 12th. And they were 6-6 and how many 4 star cats do we have locked down? 1? Someone is a bit hungrier than others. And don't feed be the bs about star rankings don't equate to good players. That's what Kirk would want you to believe but if he had any stones to get (12) 4 star recruits in one class he would be boasting it from Clarinda over to Mitchelville!

Latest posts