2015/2016 Chicago Cubs Off-season Thread

Theo is good at this. The Yankees are still unraveling from some of the deals they made to keep with the Red Sox while he was there.
I agree, I truly believe Theo is one of the best at not only building a team for the long term but hurting his primary competitors in the process.

Nationals are the other team in the mix now per reports. People are guessing the Cubs are on the low end right now. Our team could still be very enticing though. Zobrist took less money to sign with us. If you win in Chicago, you are legend forever and our team is set up to be good for quite awhile. The Nats are kind of a mess of a clubhouse IMO. Good to be in Heyward's shoes!

Holy ****....Cubs apparently land Heyward!

Jerry CrasnickVerified account ‏@jcrasnick 6m6 minutes ago

Can confirm multiple reports that Jason Heyward has agreed to terms with #Cubs. This should set the outfield market in motion.

Well, well, well, the true colors shine through for the Cards fans, what a bunch of losers....I love the deal, I hope Jason bats .400 against those idiots, and really rubs in their faces.

Still talk of moving Soler and getting someone like Span for CF. I actually hope they keep Soler, but I'll trust Theo. Also rumors that the Cubs have been talking to the Indians and Padres about starting pitching (Carrasco or Ross).

If you want some entertainment, go to Twitter and search Baseballs Best Fans and read the tweets. Some pretty bitter Cardinal fans out there today.

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Those people thatcall themselves the best fans (not going to mention any names Lol ) are most generally the biggest *******!!!!! Lol St. Louis. Can't wait for the season to begin. Go Cubs Go!!

Lots of butt hurt going around St. Louis over Heyward leaving. It is a great thing to watch from this side :D

Anyone ever go to the Cubs Convention? I'd like to go sometime but am always concerned the weather will be a blizzard and I won't be able to get there. The timing never seems right either.

So...uh, Welcome Back Dexter Fowler! 1 yr deal with an option for 2017
Didn't see that coming. Holy cow, we have a lot of outfielders. Good problem to have though. We can play games with only one bad outfielder instead of two. Just don't know where we will get AB's for KS and JS?

Awesome, been saying all winter the Cubs would have taken Fowler at a 1 year deal but didn't blame him for getting more. Wrote that off of course and then.... shazam! Great move. There will be plenty of playing time for everyone and Maddon has ridiculous flexibility with his roster right now to mix and match however he wants. Late game situations too you know he has a good bat or defensive replacement ready.
Plus injuries happen, this move helps us out in case of injury. Can the season start tomorrow?

Awesome, been saying all winter the Cubs would have taken Fowler at a 1 year deal but didn't blame him for getting more. Wrote that off of course and then.... shazam! Great move. There will be plenty of playing time for everyone and Maddon has ridiculous flexibility with his roster right now to mix and match however he wants. Late game situations too you know he has a good bat or defensive replacement ready.
Plus injuries happen, this move helps us out in case of injury. Can the season start tomorrow?
No kidding, this is just the kind of news I needed after last night's debacle on the hardwood. I'm ready for baseball.

World Series baby......gotta believe

60025948.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I will be in Arizona next week and at the games on Saturday and Sunday. I'm getting pumped for baseball!

Have fun deanvogs, always wanted to go to spring training but seems like life's responsibilities always get in the way :) This is the first season in my lifetime when I know without a shadow of a doubt we have a team that can win the whole dang thing and should be not good be great. But, things still have to fall right.