2013 recruits???

CraigHawkeye

Any of the more "seasoned" bloggers know what our 2013 class is going to look like? Weights to be considered? Our last recruiting class had a lot of talent so I guess I'm thinking only 3-5 wrestlers will sign in 2013.

Brian Murphy- 157/165 Glenbard North High School- same High school as Tony Ramos, wrestles in overtime club with Sam Brooks
currently #7 overall recruit in intermat's junior class
State Placings: 3rd as a freshman, 2 soph, 2 as a Junior at 157
Runner up at Junior Freestyle Nationals last summer, Cadet Champion year before
Made an unofficial trip the Northwestern Meet

There will be a lot of young talent watching the Olympic Trials next month

Brian Murphy- 157/165 Glenbard North High School- same High school as Tony Ramos, wrestles in overtime club with Sam Brooks
currently #7 overall recruit in intermat's junior class
State Placings: 3rd as a freshman, 2 soph, 2 as a Junior at 157
Runner up at Junior Freestyle Nationals last summer, Cadet Champion year before
Made an unofficial trip the Northwestern Meet

There will be a lot of young talent watching the Olympic Trials next month

I was high on this guy but I was a bit disappointed in how he performed vs Max Schnieder in the finals this year. He obviously has some talent though. I really like his teamate Jerad Cortez who is a class below and was at 119 this year.

I'd like to see us make a run at Broc Berge from Kasson Mantorville MN., he is coached by Jamie Heidt and looks to be one of the top 197s for that class.

Marsteller is my dream recruit but he'd be a 2014 recruit, he's a sophomore currently and supposedly plans to go to the otc

another pa recruit for 2013 is Mikey Racciato from Pen Argyl he's a 2 timer but he's very very funky, big moves defensively but he will definately be a top 10 recruit nationally and would be a great middle weight probably a 141 or 149, during his state finals the announcers talked about how him going specifically to iowa

I second Broc Berge! Dude is a beast! here is a clip from his finals match a few weeks ago. Also his brother is a state champ 7th grader at 106 (Brady) and Brady's only loss this year was to Doug Miner and he took doug into the 2nd with the score 0-0 before getting pinned, it may have been the 3rd. But if we get Broc, we should be able to get Brady too in the future!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR8Bm4gnAs4]Cody Hazelett vs Broc Berge, MSHSL Class AA 195 pound championship / March 3rd, 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

I know kinda off topic but this is one kid Hawks should be showing interest early.
He won state as a 7th grader at 135 and won this year at 145 as a 8th grader.
He doesn't quit below is a viedo of him in the clash of 2011 against kid from St Edwards of Ohio as a 7th grader ..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PwiR4_fP4A&feature=related]145 Mark Hall, Apple Valley vs Markus Scheidel, St Edward 2011 The Clash - YouTube[/ame]

Hall is from Michigan originally and grew up being pretty close to the Metcalfs, especially Brent's brother Chase. He is the real deal. Apple Valley had a second 8th grade who moved there this year named Mason Manville, he placed third in the state with his only loss being 6-4 to the eventual champ.

Latest posts