2013 Hawkeye Predictions: Who Will be Iowa QB?

I know Mr. Miller will address this, but one of the glaring problems for Iowa this year was the lack of speed (or maneuverability or whatever you want to call it) of our wideouts and tight ends. We just weren't getting open in the Greg Davis system.

Who will catch the ball?

This.

Whoever it ends up being i hope takes it and runs with it........I really do not want to see this drag on late into fall camp. I realize Iowa lacks speed/playmakers, but the receivers and QB have to be on the same page. 3 guys splitting no. 1 reps going into late August has disaster written all over it.

KF's job could very well depend on who he selects.

if he can figure out the offense
Do you think anyone can figure out the offense? I mean, I'd bet Peyton Manning could if he had telepathy with his receivers, but I doubt we have a psychic Peyton Manning caliber QB on the bench.

I would be curious to know who is the more mobile QB. I think a mobile QB that can extend the play and hurt you with his feet would go a long ways in helping this offense come together next year.

I would be curious to know who is the more mobile QB. I think a mobile QB that can extend the play and hurt you with his feet would go a long ways in helping this offense come together next year.

This. That’s why i feel it is imperative we land guys like Jay Scheel if this offense is a long-term thing. Watched nearly every bowl yesterday and didn’t see one team that didn’t start a dual-threat qb.

Whoever is the most mobile. Pocket passers are becoming passe. Even the NFL is recognizing the trend.

Haven't read the article yet, but I'm going to say Rudock. Kirk loved JVB so much he wasn't going to take him out for anyone. Now on to the article.

After reading article, I get the impression that Beathard is showing the most physical tools. That goes along with what JVB said about the future qb position at Iowa. He said Rudock has more experience with the program and that shows in practice, but the other two guys are "no slouches either". He said Sokol showed he can tear it up in junior college and that Beathard can really sling it, but looks completely lost at times.

If Beathard can absorb the offense well enough in the Spring, he very well could win the job, but knowing Kirk, he'll play it safe and play the guy who has the best understanding of the offense. I'm guessing that's Rudock and it'll be his job to lose. If he struggles, we could see the other guys get a shot sooner rather than later.

Whoever is the most mobile. Pocket passers are becoming passe. Even the NFL is recognizing the trend.

Ferentz doesn't care what the NFL does or not, he wants a pocket passer. It has nothing to do with the NFL, that is his style. And going forward it is going to be a pocket passer unless GD can convince him otherwise.

After reading article, I get the impression that Beathard is showing the most physical tools. That goes along with what JVB said about the future qb position at Iowa. He said Rudock has more experience with the program and that shows in practice, but the other two guys are "no slouches either". He said Sokol showed he can tear it up in junior college and that Beathard can really sling it, but looks completely lost at times.

If Beathard can absorb the offense well enough in the Spring, he very well could win the job, but knowing Kirk, he'll play it safe and play the guy who has the best understanding of the offense. I'm guessing that's Rudock and it'll be his job to lose. If he struggles, we could see the other guys get a shot sooner rather than later.

If KOK was the OC I would agree with this assessment. KF really needs to get this right for a lot of reasons, I think he gambles on this one and goes with the guy with the most "upside".

Latest posts