2012 Schedule sets up to be very interesting

I think this thread is just what I needed. Ill take a year like this as a bad year and Its fun when we can say that our Hawks could make a run at it. If I couldnt look ahead and say yeah we could win every game that year(even if that only comes up every couple of years), then I would never be a happy fan. Two wins in a row now and we'll all be happier hawks.

Love the list, but I think Lowery starts at corner and McMillan move to tackle. and let's not forget about the young guys that are redshirting this year. Due to injuries they could play a huge roll.

The thing is though, we have no idea how most of these guys will develop and perform. Also 2012 is a long way a way, and who knows what the Hawks will look like, let a lone many other B10 teams.

Yeah, I agree to a point. MacMillan will invariably end up at OT in my estimation ... however, I think that he ends up at LT. The question is who-all end up comprising our BEST 5 ... and, at what positions will we get the best mix. I could be wrong, but Van Sloten has more exclusively seen reps at OT whereas MacMillan has proven to be a bit more versatile. Thus, I'm inclined to think that that very fact might lead to the scenario where MacMillan initially remains at OG and Van Sloten remains at OT. We'll see though.

No Johnny Mullings at Punter?? I thought he was all the youtube/internet rage?!

I think that both hawkfarmer and I will opt to err on the side of caution on this one. The punt job is going to have to be won. Both hawkfarmer and I have our reservations about the "wind-up" of Mullins. That said ... Mullins definitely has a big leg. However, consistency, accuracy, and timing will be pretty critical.

Any news on how our young receivers are doing?
Other than Keenan Davis we have Jordan Cotton and Kevonte Martin-Manley. New recruit Marcus Grant will help, but we need 2-3 more quality receivers.

Any news on how our young receivers are doing?
Other than Keenan Davis we have Jordan Cotton and Kevonte Martin-Manley. New recruit Marcus Grant will help, but we need 2-3 more quality receivers.

Don Shumpert WILL contribute. Also, it looks like Martin-Manley has some legit potential too. Lastly, Grant is a guy who seems to already have his head on right when it comes to blocking and whatnot.

I've heard good things about Cotton ... however, my guess is that he's quite a bit like Andy Brodell. He probably is dangerous as a play-maker ... however, he has to get down all the other aspects that go into being a legit contributer at WR.

Lastly, I really wouldn't be shocked to see our RBs get utilized pretty versatilely in 2011. Of course, that depends on how the young WRs are progressing. If the young WRs are "ahead of schedule" then things could get really interesting.

I think that both hawkfarmer and I will opt to err on the side of caution on this one. The punt job is going to have to be won. Both hawkfarmer and I have our reservations about the "wind-up" of Mullins. That said ... Mullins definitely has a big leg. However, consistency, accuracy, and timing will be pretty critical.

Well put- my comment was meant to be taken a little more sarcastically, but I can see how it might not come across that way. He sure could be great, but I'm not one to put my greatness stock into an internet highlight video.

Latest posts