9/1 - Northern Illinois (at Chicago) W
9/8 - Iowa State W
9/15 - UNI W
9/22 - Central Michigan W
9/29 - Minnesota (Homecoming) W
10/6 - BYE
10/13 - at Michigan State T/U got a bye week to prepare
10/20 - Penn State W Joe probably not coaching
10/27 - at Northwestern T/U please stop the bleeding!
11/3 - at Indiana W won't come to a dropped pass
11/10 - Purdue W
11/17 - at Michigan W 2nd year coach still adjusting
11/24 - Nebraska W Take 'em to the woodshed!

Looking at our So, Rs Fr, Fr roster, they will be our Seniors, and Juniors in 2012. Very promising considering our home/away schedule.
Sprinkle in a few future freshman and we could be playing in the Big Ten Champ game.
"Road" blocks are the two Michigan road games and of course at NW!

Did you just wake up and miss the entire 2010 season?

I'm not saying Iowa couldn't do it, but if this season taught us anything maybe it would be to temper expectations just a little bit, we are a key injury or injuries away from being a 6 or 7 win team.

Does Iowa have 4 losses with a healthy Hampton or Tarp? I don't know but it would have been nice to have those 2 for most of the season.

Sorry to hear your negative attitude. It usually comes down to schedule. We lost two-almost three (Indiana) road games this year.
Our two home losses came to top teams by 1 and three points where we missed an extra point and a field goal.
Next year will be difficult with our road schedule and replacing our seniors and breaking in a new QB, but 2012 sets up for a decent run, yes we need to avoid injuries and make our kicks (Myer will be a Junior by then and maybe he not only makes the kicks, he wins a game or two for us)

GO HAWKS!!!

We all know how well the Hawks do when expectations are high so.....it will probably be another 8-4 year.

Sorry to hear your negative attitude. It usually comes down to schedule. We lost two-almost three (Indiana) road games this year.
Our two home losses came to top teams by 1 and three points where we missed an extra point and a field goal.
Next year will be difficult with our road schedule and replacing our seniors and breaking in a new QB, but 2012 sets up for a decent run, yes we need to avoid injuries and make our kicks (Myer will be a Junior by then and maybe he not only makes the kicks, he wins a game or two for us)

GO HAWKS!!!

Not a negative attitude, I actually predicted Iowa go to 9-3 and play in the Outback Bowl this year and got beat up about it. There was entirely too much stuff that went right for Iowa in 2009 that I felt wouldn't be the case in 2010 and I was correct. It doesn't mean Iowa can't go 10-2 or whatever in 2012 but until we see what happens in 2011 it is silly to W and L the 2012 schedule.

Iowa is 3-6 straight up following a bye week and 1-6 ATS including this year.

ISU is never an automatic W

Have you seen PSU's recruiting classes over the past 2 years? '09 and '10 I believe ended up in the top 10 nationally. Tons of young talent on that team.

NW, IU and PU should be automatic but who knows? If KOK is still our OC in '12 it will be a coin flip.

@Michigan - Iowa is 6-27 when playing at Michigan.

Nebraska isn't going to be an easy game either.

I see us finishing with 2 losses to end the season and an overall record of 8-4 (maybe 9-3).

I broke the schedule into 3 sections

First 5 games are nuetral site and 4 home games. We "could" lose any game, but Iowa St is the one of concern, but being a Home game I give the "W"

Next 4 games are 3 Road games, two of which I have as toss-up. Michigan St plays Boise St, ND and tOSU before we come calling, so
it "could" go either way. Penn State has the players, but Kinnick is a hard place to win. I am only pegging this a W because of Kinnick.

Last 3 games, in particular, the last two are unknowns, but the Michigan game is a week before the Ohio State matchup and Iowa plays well in the big house of late.
We will be ready for Nebraska's first "Big Ten" trip to Kinnick! Count on it!

We skip Wisky and tOSU and Nebraska skips Purdue and Indiana

I am just saying I like the schedule!

Newbie here,

FWIW,
Here are the players in our Minnesota two-deeps that will still have eligibility in 2012

IOWA OFFENSE
WR
LT Reiff
LG Boffeli
C Ferentz
RG MacMillan
RT Van Sloten
TE
QB Vandenberg
WR K. Davis
RB Coker
FB Rogers
IOWA DEFENSE
DE
DT Bigach
DT
DE
OLB
MLB Morris
WLB DiBona
LC Castillo
SS
FS Miller
RC Hyde, Lowery
PT
PK Meyer, Mossbrucker

We'll do something that only coaches like O'Keefe and Ferentz can consistently do...screw it up early.

Newbie here, ....

Completing 24HawkTalk's chart ... including other guys on the squad who have either generated buzz OR who have at least some game-experience.

BTW, nice post 24HawkTalk ....

IOWA OFFENSE
WR
LT Reiff
LG Boffeli
C Ferentz
RG MacMillan
RT Van Sloten
TE Fiedorowicz
QB Vandenberg
WR K. Davis
RB Coker
FB Rogers
IOWA DEFENSE
DE Alvis
DT Bigach
DT C. Davis/Trinca-Pasat
DE D. Johnson
OLB DiBona/Getz
MLB Morris
WLB Kirksey/DiBona
LC Castillo
SS Hitchens
FS Miller
RC Hyde, Lowery
P *TBD*
PK Meyer, Mossbrucker

Newbie here,

FWIW,
Here are the players in our Minnesota two-deeps that will still have eligibility in 2012

IOWA OFFENSE
WR
LT Reiff
LG Boffeli
C Ferentz
RG MacMillan
RT Van Sloten
TE
QB Vandenberg
WR K. Davis
RB Coker
FB Rogers
IOWA DEFENSE
DE
DT Bigach
DT
DE
OLB
MLB Morris
WLB DiBona
LC Castillo
SS
FS Miller
RC Hyde, Lowery
PT
PK Meyer, Mossbrucker
Offensive side looks stout!!!!!!!:D

We'll do something that only coaches like O'Keefe and Ferentz can consistently do...screw it up early.

God, what a knob. I am far from one of those rah rah, never be negative people, but there is being negative and then there is being ignorant to an irritating degree.

Completing 24HawkTalk's chart ... including other guys on the squad who have either generated buzz OR who have at least some game-experience.

BTW, nice post 24HawkTalk ....

IOWA OFFENSE
WR
LT Reiff
LG Boffeli
C Ferentz
RG MacMillan
RT Van Sloten
TE Fiedorowicz
QB Vandenberg
WR K. Davis
RB Coker
FB Rogers
IOWA DEFENSE
DE Alvis
DT Bigach
DT C. Davis/Trinca-Pasat
DE D. Johnson
OLB DiBona/Getz
MLB Morris
WLB Kirksey/DiBona
LC Castillo
SS Hitchens
FS Miller
RC Hyde, Lowery
P *TBD*
PK Meyer, Mossbrucker

Love the list, but I think Lowery starts at corner and McMillan move to tackle. and let's not forget about the young guys that are redshirting this year. Due to injuries they could play a huge roll.

The thing is though, we have no idea how most of these guys will develop and perform. Also 2012 is a long way a way, and who knows what the Hawks will look like, let a lone many other B10 teams.

9/1 - Northern Illinois (at Chicago) W
9/8 - Iowa State W
9/15 - UNI W
9/22 - Central Michigan W
9/29 - Minnesota (Homecoming) W
10/6 - BYE
10/13 - at Michigan State T/U got a bye week to prepare
10/20 - Penn State W Joe probably not coaching
10/27 - at Northwestern T/U please stop the bleeding!
11/3 - at Indiana W won't come to a dropped pass
11/10 - Purdue W
11/17 - at Michigan W 2nd year coach still adjusting
11/24 - Nebraska W Take 'em to the woodshed!

Looking at our So, Rs Fr, Fr roster, they will be our Seniors, and Juniors in 2012. Very promising considering our home/away schedule.
Sprinkle in a few future freshman and we could be playing in the Big Ten Champ game.
"Road" blocks are the two Michigan road games and of course at NW!

I love your optimism, and share your optimism to a certain extent.

It's hard to predict how the NW game will go...something has to give eventually, no?

Also, MSU should be interesting.

Michigan will be very difficult to predict.

There is another team that people might write off as a victory in upcoming years, and that might be a mistake. That team is Purdue. They lost three of their best players this year. I have a feeling that they will be a surprise in the next couple of years. I could be wrong, though. (I predicted that MSU would win a lot of games this year, too, but people scoffed at me here in Madison). :)

I like our 2011 schedule better.

Teams on the rise for next year: MSU,Michigan,NW- all home games.
Minny is also at Kinnick.
Road games:
IU- win.
PSU- tough.
Neb- tough
PU- winnable.

I honestly think our schedule sets up better next year to win the West than in 2012.
Nebraska has a murderers row schedule the next two years so they will not likely be better than 4-4.
MSU will be good,but we get them at home.
Michigan will be ok,but get them at home.
NW could be decent but get them at home.
Minny will stink.
So,Iowa is in good position to take care of business at home,and scrape out a couple of wins on the road,get to 6-2 or 5-3 and win the West next year.
I do not like the Michigan teams being both at home or both on the road in the same year as it seems it will be,so in 2012, I fear those road trips to michigan will put our West division hopes on ice.

Give me some Koolade!!!

**CHUG CHUG CHUG***

Ahhhhhhhh!

9/1 - Northern Illinois (at Chicago) W - We raid Soldier Field and make it Kinnick East
9/8 - Iowa State W - They aren't beating us in Kinnick ever again
9/15 - UNI W - Retribution for them almost beating us last year
9/22 - Central Michigan W - Who?
9/29 - Minnesota (Homecoming) W - The goophers in September? It'll be too hot for them.
10/6 - BYE
10/13 - at Michigan State W - Dantonio has another heart attack when we pour 50 on them
10/20 - Penn State W - Even if they prop JoPa's corpse on the sideline he won't be able to inspire them to fend off our dazzling attack
10/27 - at Northwestern W - We go back to the Chi-town area, burn Ryan Field down, and leave with the women!
11/3 - at Indiana W - By this time they are lined up for B-ball tickets
11/10 - Purdue W - Ross-ade? Give me some more Koolade!
11/17 - at Michigan W - Les Miles' horrible clock management kills them
11/24 - Nebraska W - Pelini gets fired after this game for clocking a Big 10 ref.

12-0!!!!

BCS Title Game: Iowa v Oklahoma - W - KOK gets a visit from angel Hayden even though he's not even dead and decides to hang 75 on the Sooners!

Norwalk, all that Koolaid and you forgot the BigTen Championship against tOSU!
Ferenz and company knit sweatervest boy a Cardigan! 45-20 woohoo, more Koolaid please!

Latest posts