2012 Schedule and beyond

i am going to put a lot of faith in a top 20 ranked class making Iowa relevent again
and it is a 5 man class not a 2-3 man class
their freshman year will be a learning period but will have Basabe and Marble to build around as starters
whith White pushing May for the starting spot at the 3
realistically i see
Gesell
Marble
White
Basabe
Woodbury as the starters

with McCabe being the 1st off the bench
Clemson, May, Olaseni, Oglesby and Meyer fitting into the rotation for different lineup possibilities

we are a season away of being rellevent again
we will have 2 pg and we will have height for the inside
the 3 pt shooters will be there
Gesell is a outstanding shooter, but will struggle as all Freshmen do
White will get better as the season goes along
people have to have patience

I think we have some simple minds here. UNC will not be beating by that large of margin 2 years from now. Playing UNC will do much more for recruiting than playing 2nd cousin from Cedar Falls.

But UNI got good without playing UNC and Duke...how?? HOW???? It doesn't make sense.

How about we win a few games before we start making our schedule more difficult than it already obviously is? I'm not so sure getting drilled by "national" or better teams is gonna make a recruit want to come and play in Iowa. Duh?

you are seriously comparing the MVC top to bottum to the BT top to bottum
get real the MVC f=gets 1-2 teams into the dance and the BT gets a minimum of 6 into the dance
with another 3-4 into the NIT
that's 10-11 teams making it to post season play
as for Creighton they may be in the MVC but they are like ISU to Nebraska
as is ISU to Iowa
Nebbie and Creighton are the big boys of Nebraska
and Iowa and ISU are the big boys of Iowa
with recruiting of Iowa and ISU on the upswing it won't take long before both are knocking on the Top 25 door
UNI and Drake if they beat either team it will because of instate talent trying to prove they made a mistake by not recruiting them

How about we win a few games before we start making our schedule more difficult than it already obviously is? I'm not so sure getting drilled by "national" or better teams is gonna make a recruit want to come and play in Iowa. Duh?

Please learn to read, not top 25 teams...teams in power six conferences that are similar to mid pack of their conferences.

I would rather see Iowa losing by double digit power six conference teams rather than most of the teams they have lost too in the last few seasons.

Go outside of the state more, especially now that Fran is recruiting more national.

The schedule will probably not change anytime soon and maybe I have the wrong idea of playing a schedule that will prepare a team more for conference play and postseason as Iowa will get back there starting sometime very soon.

Considering we have been blown out by every non crap team we have played this year, I think we should hold off on scheduling Duke, UNC and KU. McCaffrey said he wants to play the big boys when he has a good team (one with juniors and seniors) and have a softer schedule when younger / rebuilding. I don't have a problem with the schedule as is until we field a big ten caliber team. Campbell, Creighton, Clemson, UNI, ISU aren't chumps and we play in a conference where an unranked team just beat # 1.

Last edited:

Latest posts