2012 Offensive Line

Scherff was no better or worse than Donnall as they both were back up RS FR, Donnall at LT, and Scherff at LG behind Tobin, so i think that speaks more about Donnal than it does about Scherff, Donall played backup to a 1st rounder in Reiff and Scherff backed up Tobin, who some feel shouldn't be a starter this yearso why start a player that couldn't displace another player that some say is a questionable starter, over one who had to sit behind a NFL'er
Scherff split time equally with Tobin, Donnal saw as many meaningful reps at LT as Jason White did at RB despite being listed as the backup all season. Zero. Not even comparable

Agree with rocknroll- and Foval to a point Iowa's depth chart is generally not positional. So in effect I am saying Scherff was the 6th lineman last year and Van Sloten was the 7th. That doesn't mean that Donnal can't win a spot or even the Lt but traditionally Scherff or Van Sloten will have a leg up on him heading into camp. I still stand by MacMillan to LT if he is fully healthy. His athleticism and body type makes him a natural tackle in Iowa's zone scheme.

Latest posts