2012 Iowa v ISU

Funny how Rhodes wins six games including one over FCS UNI and two others over bowl eligible teams, stutters his way through a few post game speeches and ISU is ready to put a statue of him in front of Jack Trice.

Mike Sherman wins six games at Texas A&M and is fired less than a week later.

Perspective folks!

yea, because that's an apple to apple comparison.

how's this for some perspective:

in first three years of taking over program-

kirk ferentz: 11-24 overall record, 2 wins over ranked teams (none in top 15), 1 bowl appearance

Paul Rhoads: 18-19 overall record (with one left to play), 3 wins over ranked teams (one in top 5), 2 bowl appearances

Why shouldn't Iowa fans think there is little to no chance ISU wins? Home teams have won this game more often then not. And in the last four at Kinnick Iowa hasn't lost.

Are those same teams going to take the field? There is a big difference between correlation and causation.

I would say OSU is their signature win
get over it people ISU is getting Better
the sad thing is i have Cousins that are ISU grads that i have to listen to
one a Engineer another that is a Vet

yea, because that's an apple to apple comparison.

how's this for some perspective:

in first three years of taking over program-

kirk ferentz: 11-24 overall record, 2 wins over ranked teams (none in top 15), 1 bowl appearance

Paul Rhoads: 18-19 overall record (with one left to play), 3 wins over ranked teams (one in top 5), 2 bowl appearances

Yeah 18-19 in that really tough little 12 north as compared to the way the Big 10 was stacked in Ferentz's first three years...what were you saying about perspective again :rolleyes:

I recall reading a quote from Kurt Vonnegut, saying something along the lines of he was the only person to benefit from the bombing of Dresden.

That's what I think of when I hear ISU fans hype their win over OSU.

Yeah 18-19 in that really tough little 12 north as compared to the way the Big 10 was stacked in Ferentz's first three years...what were you saying about perspective again :rolleyes:

ISU's strength of schedule has been top 25 in '09 and top 5 the past two years nationwide.

so I'd say yes, "that really tough little 12 north schedule" stacks up exactly the same as ferentz's first few years.

I don't think anybody said KF lit the world on fire his first few years. In fact, if he had KU's athletic director (who just fired Turner Gill after two years), I wonder if KF would have ever had a chance to prove out his long-term plan of getting two Big Ten championships years later...

Considering the fact that there is no big 12 north...

Aside from what you just said, everything was spot on!

Latest posts