2012 Defensive Line

WayzataHawkeye

As suspect as that group has been most of this year it could be even more problematic with the departures of Daniels & Binns. It was good to see Bigach have a decent game. He and Alvis will be the 'experienced' guys on the line next year. I know Davis has played some this year but I don't think he has distinguished himself. We desparately need someone to jump up and become an impact player. Maybe Jaleel Johnson but we all thought that about Cooper this year.... Maybe Spears....

Would be interested in comments from those that are truly knowledgable about DL play.

I think Cooper would have played this year had his transcripts issues not been there..he missed the first week of camp, then got nicked up.

Don't discount the experience that so many are getting this year, either.

That being said, my guess would be that next year's DL plays near the level this year's DL is playing at barring a Juco or two.

KF ought to go get 4 JUCO DL. Unless any of the freshmen are insane studs or someone makes leaps and bounds over the off season, I don't think that we have a Big 10 lineman on the team next year.

Of course huge strides over the off season are known to happen. Still we'll need the depth.

Latest posts