2012-2013 Schedule...NO midlands!!

Keeping the Nat Duals too.

Wow.. Could it be a mistake?? Or the dates aren't announced yet?

No mistake fOSU dual is schedule for 1/4/13 and they will have a very salty squad again this year. Those matches will have huge implications on seedings at both the B1G's and Nats.

I have faith that Brands and Co are doing what they think is best for the team.

Go Hawks!

No open tournaments on the schedule. Really not a fan of this-IMO it's imperative to get have a 2-day tournament (and having to make weight 2 consecutive days) prior to Big 10s/NCAAs.

I'd imagine we'll see some of the non-starters going to Midlands though.

No open tournaments on the schedule. Really not a fan of this-IMO it's imperative to get have a 2-day tournament (and having to make weight 2 consecutive days) prior to Big 10s/NCAAs.

I'd imagine we'll see some of the non-starters going to Midlands though.

I'm not a fan of this either, but missing it and not having these guys experience making weight 2 days in a row isn't that important. Not most of them, but all of them have had to do it since high school so they will know what it takes to make weight 2 or 3 days in a row when the Big Ten and NCAA tournament roll around.

I'm not a fan of this either, but missing it and not having these guys experience making weight 2 days in a row isn't that important. Not most of them, but all of them have had to do it since high school so they will know what it takes to make weight 2 or 3 days in a row when the Big Ten and NCAA tournament roll around.

I don't see making weight two days in a row as a problem, but i do think there is value in having a tough, multiple day tournament where you have to grind through more than one match a day and have quick turn arounds on the back side etc. But they aren't going, so it's a moot point i guess. I wonder if they wouldn't have gotten bent over in Columbus the way they did last year if the schedule would have been different.

I don't see making weight two days in a row as a problem, but i do think there is value in having a tough, multiple day tournament where you have to grind through more than one match a day and have quick turn arounds on the back side etc. But they aren't going, so it's a moot point i guess. I wonder if they wouldn't have gotten bent over in Columbus the way they did last year if the schedule would have been different.

Won't they have to make weight two days in a row for Grapple In The Garden? (Though, yes, I understand it's not the type of tournament you are speaking of).

Settle down guys, it will be just fine. We have a VERY important Dual with fosu just 4 or 5 days after the Midlands. I am willing to bet that a few of them go anyway atleast unattached. I do understand some of your concerns about weighins. But when they go to New York they will have 2 days of weighins. It will be just fine. I know it stings a bit but they will be just fine.
As for UNI it was just a scheduling conflict that's all. They will be back on the schedule next year.

Latest posts