2011 Season Begins with Insight

I am happy for the players they get to go to a bowl but this is the worst Bowl to go for exposure, the whole eastern time zone won't stay up for this one especially on a work night, hell I might have trouble staying up. Northwestern and Michigan get a Jan 1 bowl.

are you kidding me? For Me I will be watching EVERY bowl game. This is the last meaningful game for us in over 8 MONTHS!!!!! lift up your skirt -grab your balls- and slap yourselves in the face. either buy a ticket or glue yourself to the tv. People love to be pessimistic. you tell ten people about a bad experience & one person about a random act of kindness.

We need to win this game just for the freaking fan base. Not looking forward to the next 8 months of negativity on here if we don't.

we need this to win three bowls in a row..... only the second time in Iowa history. opening the door for 4 in a row next year, making history! The last big ten team to do this i believe was:

(1)Ohio State, (1)Michigan, & (2)PSU

*(tOSU=02,03,04,05--Fiesta, Fiesta, Alamo, & Fiesta)
*(UM=98,99,00,01--Rose, Citrus, Orange, & Citrus)
*(PSU=79,80,81,82,83--Liberty, Fiesta, Fiesta, Sugar, & Aloha --yes that was 5 in a row;
..............93,94,95,96--Citrus, Rose, Outback, & Fiesta)

no other teams in the big ten have 4 bowl wins in a row. lets add our name to the list, and claim the most recent to have done this!

While I hope Iowa wins this game, I don't think that the 2011 season starts with the Insight bowl.

Iowa's worst bowl loss under KF(USC) was followed with the 2003 season in which Iowa maxed out, beating two teams with superior talent in Michigan & FLA while dealing with a ton of injuries. Quite possible KF's best coaching season.

Iowa followed up their biggest bowl win in 50 years(GT) by going 7-5 with their most talented team since 2002, maybe longer.

Point here is that bowl games have nothing to do with next season. Completely different team, leaders, chemistry, injuries/defections & opponent situations.

This game is about gaining the extra practices and bragging rights against Missouri.

Some people might want to read Infante's work comparing argumentativeness and verbal aggression. Argumentativeness is when people are effective making arguments and defending those arguments with others. This is contrasted with verbal aggression, which is when people have to resort to verbal insults instead of stating valid claims with support in the act of argumentation.

we need this to win three bowls in a row..... only the second time in Iowa history. opening the door for 4 in a row next year, making history! The last big ten team to do this i believe was:

(1)Ohio State, (1)Michigan, & (2)PSU

*(tOSU=02,03,04,05--Fiesta, Fiesta, Alamo, & Fiesta)
*(UM=98,99,00,01--Rose, Citrus, Orange, & Citrus)
*(PSU=79,80,81,82,83--Liberty, Fiesta, Fiesta, Sugar, & Aloha --yes that was 5 in a row;
..............93,94,95,96--Citrus, Rose, Outback, & Fiesta)

no other teams in the big ten have 4 bowl wins in a row. lets add our name to the list, and claim the most recent to have done this!
Jon, didn't know you moved to Texas. There it is...been waiting for this spin. Win and its 3 in a row, Blah blah blah. Always like those obscure stats about winning more games between Thanksgiving and Valentines Day when playing a team with 9 wins, on a Tuesday and the temp was above 45 degrees. At least we have that going for us.

Jon,

Will your package trip include any of the following:

1) Rose colored glasses
2) Koolaid
3) Sunshine and Rainbows
4) A unicorn
5) Reefer

I wish I had your optimist outlook. This year I've lost my "will to be a superfan".
This sums it up perfectly. Keep it up Jon, get that Piper Cub filled up and head on down to Tempe. Wooohooo

The bowl preparation will be helpful for next year's team. This team will play hard. They'll heal from their injuries, and they'll give Mizzou a tough time.

The only people that need to be left behind are the whiners. Sure, it was a disappointing year, but lighten up. Go hawks.

No kidding, good God some people need to get a life. Yes, we get it, Iowa fans thought we were going to have a better year than we did and the team flat out didn't come ready to pay vs. Minny.

The best part is you act as if you don't care and/or won't watch yet you are posting on a message board dedicated to said team. Classic.

FYI- nobody cares if you turn on the TV on the 28th to watch but continue ******** if it helps you sleep at night but sorry I call BS I would guess 99% of Iowa fans will be watching that night irregardless of what they post on a message board.

Plus it might be your last chance to see KOK work his magic before he heads to Bloomington. ;)

One more thing the extra practices do help for the following year.

We, the losers of three straight, with the 7-5 record, with the underachieving season, should be nothing but happy to play the 12th ranked team in the country. I consider us lucky.

The bowl is not as good, but I would rather play a 12th ranked Mizzou, than an unranked Florida, or a 21st ranked Miss St.

I can get up for this.

After a late kickoff, I may have trouble getting up for work the next day, however.

Is anyone else not excited that we play in Arizona...at 9:00 pm? I dont care who we play, our record in AZ, at night isnt the best. I hope these boys can brighten a cold Decemeber Tuesday night! Tuesday night...lol barf.

This season has sucked in a major way but I'll be ready for football on the 28th. I hope the Hawkeyes are as well.

Regarding the 15 practices and the bowl game starting the 2011 year, we'll see how much of a head start this is for the Hawks when Iowa plays Iowa State in Ames next year.

I'm on record saying the Hawks will lose one September game in 2011. Iowa State could very well be that game if Iowa does not come well prepared.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Iowa lose at ISU or to Pitt or both, particularly if Pitt's big WR returns. Teams don't fear coming to Kinnick like they once did.

While I hope Iowa wins this game, I don't think that the 2011 season starts with the Insight bowl.

Iowa's worst bowl loss under KF(USC) was followed with the 2003 season in which Iowa maxed out, beating two teams with superior talent in Michigan & FLA while dealing with a ton of injuries. Quite possible KF's best coaching season.

Iowa followed up their biggest bowl win in 50 years(GT) by going 7-5 with their most talented team since 2002, maybe longer.

Point here is that bowl games have nothing to do with next season. Completely different team, leaders, chemistry, injuries/defections & opponent situations.

This game is about gaining the extra practices and bragging rights against Missouri.

Totally agree.......2011 starts when and as said in the fight song, "until you hear the final gun". After that final gun, 2010 ends, including the bowl game, and then the 2011 season can start.

One man's opinion........

Latest posts