2011 Prospect Ross Travis Hightlight Vid

HawksnWhiteSox

He's a 6'7 SF from Minn, who apparently had a visit this past weekend. Seems to have gone unnoticed with the Cartwright situation...But got a highlight video of him. Decent outside shot, agile and quick for his size, and definitely loves attacking the rim. Maybe he was one of the other guys Van Coleman was not to name that Fran was recruiting.

Not sure where Iowa stands with him or the likelihood of a signing, but he does already have 6 offers including ISU & UNI.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO1Hv3w_590]YouTube - Ross Travis Part 1[/ame]

Wow definitely likes to attack the rim I was pretty impressed. Nice prospect to keep an eye on, thanks

Your welcome. I thought he might fit nicely into Fran's up and down system and is an athletic enough big man to accommodate that role.

Sign him! I liked the dunk at around the 4:30 mark. Where he drove through the lane and threw it down with 2 hands amongst everyone watching.

I love these guys that start as guards,then have a 6 inch growing spurt and suddenly are forwards with guard skills. Come on down,Ross.

Looks like he has those qualities you can't teach a kid...always seemed to be in the right place at the right time and has excellent court awareness.

Other than the music, that was very enjoyable to watch...thanks for the post!

Hopefully we can snag him before someone else does!

Ross is awesome. Hasn't gotten an offer yet, but I suspect the coaches just want to evaluate him some more this summer before they extend an offer. I know that they have seen plenty of film on him.

Ross is awesome. Hasn't gotten an offer yet, but I suspect the coaches just want to evaluate him some more this summer before they extend an offer. I know that they have seen plenty of film on him.

Word is he has a back injury that has caused him to miss quite a bit of the last two years. I'm sure that's a factor in all of this too.

Word is he has a back injury that has caused him to miss quite a bit of the last two years. I'm sure that's a factor in all of this too.

I'll ask around, and see what is what with the Hawkeyes recruitment and get back. I think it also depends it also depends on whether or not Katenda accepts his Hawkeye offer as well since they would play the same position.

Thanks Reeon...I was hoping someone out there could dig up some info about this. There was not much out there that I was able to find about Iowa's status with him. Never thought about the Katenda aspect either.

Thanks Reeon...I was hoping someone out there could dig up some info about this. There was not much out there that I was able to find about Iowa's status with him. Never thought about the Katenda aspect either.

Although the high-major potential is definitely there it sounds like the injury bug is a problem of concern and the staff will follow closely in the next couple months.

Latest posts