2011 National Signing Day Thread

So I'm not a huge follower of recruiting other than what I see on this site and my work is closed until 10:30 AM. Do we have a shot at any of the players announcing on the coverage on ESPNU that I could catch this morning?

Wilson must have pulled in Cooper and I really hope another guy or two - another defensive lineman or linebacker would be great.

So I'm not a huge follower of recruiting other than what I see on this site and my work is closed until 10:30 AM. Do we have a shot at any of the players announcing on the coverage on ESPNU that I could catch this morning?

Darian Cooper is really the only one. Think he announces around noon. that might be eastern though.

Any last minute heroics? Do you still make one more phone call at CK re-enthusing him on the fact that stability & coaching yield first day draft talent? One last phone call saying Iowa won't go easy into the night (mirroring our mentality in the weight room & field) just one more call!

Cyrus Kouandjio has Wilson listed as his recruited by on Rivals. I will be very glad with Cooper but it'd be nice to have a couple more today. Last minute surprise, I predict 1 or 2 surprises.

Yeah, one guy on Twitter was trying to mention to Cooper that there is one Iowa schollie left.. and that kinda made me double take.

I would think we take more than the "25." 25 seniors, Hampton, Wegher, and ARob's scholarships. I'd imagine the Hawkeyes could write up something to get more than the 25.

I'm like one of the above posters and just a casual follower of recruiting, but with the drama down the stretch this year, think I might have to start following closer in the future. Sure hope EJ's tweet means Cooper!

ESPNU has a show starting at 8 on signing day and CBS College Sports (Tom Lemming and Co.) will be on at 9.

Any last minute heroics? Do you still make one more phone call at CK re-enthusing him on the fact that stability & coaching yield first day draft talent? One last phone call saying Iowa won't go easy into the night (mirroring our mentality in the weight room & field) just one more call!
Only if Iowa is interested in committing a NCAA violation.....has been a dead period since Jan. 31st.....smh

according to the gohawks.com blog, Coe, Hillyer, Heiar, Lomax, Grant, and Alston have already sent in their LOI.

Latest posts