Votes: 22 17.9%

Votes: 13 10.6%

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • 11+ and pass out the FlavorAid

Votes: 68 55.3%

• Total voters

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Starting to think ahead a bit to next year's basketball season...

Michigan & Wisconsin should be front runners

MSU will be down talent wise, but hard to think their production will be worse than it was this year, chemistry wise.

No one has done less with more than Illinois, who loses significant points

Tubby on the outs at Minnesota?

Indiana seems to be spinning its wheels real fast and going nowhere

Talor Battle is gone from PSU...he made them dangerous.

Purdue loses Johnson & Moore, one of the best duos in the nation

OSU loses Diebler, Lighty & Lauderdale..we'll see if Sullinger stays...Buford could look at the pros too.

NW? Never, ever lose both games in a year to NW ever again.

The league next year is not going to be near what it was this year with regards to the number of good to very good teams...its was as competitive this year as it has been in perhaps 20 years.

That's good news for an Iowa program that lacked a lot of experience in its rotation this year, in addition to the Payne injury.

Iowa will be a better team next year, with a senior PG and one of the three best interior players in the league...I just dont think Gatens has another off shooting year. McCabe will be more consistent, I believe Marble will be much better...May should certainly be more consistent...I think Brommer can give this team some good minutes....then who knows from the newcomers...

With an Iowa team that will be better and a league that is going to fall back a bit, what should be a reasonable expectation?

Vote in the poll

I can see at least 9-10 wins preseason plus another 5-8 in league play especially with Nebby coming in. So i say around 15-18 wins.

My early guess would be 15-17 wins overall and 6-8 conference wins.

Basabe will be 1st team AC

I'm drinking the kool aid...This team got 12 wins....and next year is going to be alot less tough in the conference...soooo I am saying 17 wins.

This team had 2 OT games and could have beaten OSU...if we get a couple of bounces there....think about the kool aid being passed around these forums right now....

I think 8+ wins in the conference is probable. I also don't see Wisconsin as a front runner. Michigan definitely looks like it will be the team to beat next year.

I assume that this poll is referring to Big 10 Conference wins only. Assuming that to be the case, I voted 8. I'll take a doubling of league wins next year. Hopefully with a bit better nonconference record, we can be about a .500 ball club. I think that's a realistic goal.

I don't think many teams come into Carver and win next year. Most teams are losing more than they're gaining. Iowa is losing less relative to others. The returning guys also have a year of experience playing the new style of basketball. The four new players this year should all improve as will May and Gatens IMO. I also believe Payne will help far more than most people think he will.

I think Michigan wins the conference. As for Iowa...2 nonconference losses while going 8-1 at home and 2-7 on the road in conference. That's 10-8 in the conference plus ?-2 in the nonconference. That's my prediction.

5-7 Conference W's. Thinking that it will be more around 7 than 5, and of course a ton of this depends on the last few recruits. If Fran can get his top targets then I would be comfortable bumping this win total up a few.

I'm hoping for a Penn State-like turnaround next year, setting us up for a true return in 2012.

I don't think people get what they are voting for. Everyone is voting for 11+. It's for conference wins. That being said I say the Hawks get to 8 wins next year.

I voted 8 B1G wins for next year. I don't really think Iowa is going to get better (We return 4 starters), but I do agree the rest of the league gets worse. However, I don't think we're ready to compete with the big boys. Wisconsin and Michigan have been mentioned as frontrunners, but You can't count out MSU, Purdue, or Ohio State, no matter what they lose, because they have great coaches. Also, I think Illinois is a dark horse to compete next year, when they are finally shed of that born loser McCamey, and will have a very solid lineup of highly rated recruits.

I do think we will be a "force" in the 10-7 tier of the standings next year. I bet we still struggle on the road, but can beat some bad teams, and we will win more home games than we lose.

Yes, the 11 wins overall is NOT FA. So Jon must be talking about BIG wins. Funny how people have thought 15 wins were FA. I say 5-7 BIG wins. But I think newcomers will be more important in that than anyone on the roster except Bryce and Mel.

Latest posts