2010 Recruit Updats

HawkeyeBBall

There is plenty of positive news with the football program after their great win last night...However, I could barely get enough courage to flip over to the bball game during commericials last night. It was bad.

Here is a few links regarding our incoming recruits.

Devyn Marble --

Cabrini tops Bishop Foley, 43-41 | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Ben Brust --

50 again: Brust on fire at Cactus Tournament :: High Schools :: YourSeason

Daily Herald's Basketball Focus 2009 | Mundelein players enjoy life on the road

Cody Larson --

Cold shooting dooms Kernels against SFR | The Daily Republic | Mitchell, South Dakota

Riding high | argusleader.com | Argus Leader

Zach McCabe --

North shows off for old grads, 59-53

On a side note my wife is letting me go watch Ben again this weekend. Not sure if I will be going on Friday or Saturday, but I will report back with feedback.

Interesting articles.

The Brust one has already been covered.

Not sure about South Dakota basketball after reading the articles about Cody. He sounds fine but the competition seems a bit suspect. Also comments indicated his team has trouble getting the ball inside to him so he should be used to it next year.

Marble scored 26 but no stats in the article and the team lost.

Assuming McCabe is a shooting point guard since he took the most shots on his team by far.

I will be shocked half of these recruits are still playing ball at Iowa 2 years from now. I really wonder why they would want to come here.

I will be shocked half of these recruits are still playing ball at Iowa 2 years from now. I really wonder why they would want to come here.

I wonder if you will still be posting on here or any other Hawk site 2 years from now. I really wonder why you would even want to come here?

See how stupid that sounds?

I wonder if you will still be posting on here or any other Hawk site 2 years from now. I really wonder why you would even want to come here?

See how stupid that sounds?

Thanks Forever!!!!

Looks as though I was correct in guessing that half of our first four recruits would not play for Iowa.

ForeverHawk- Does my prediction still sound stupid?

Clearly your intention with the regular post was to indicate that after playing for Lick for two years players would leave. Nice try though.

Clearly your intention with the regular post was to indicate that after playing for Lick for two years players would leave. Nice try though.

Not quite.... I said I would be shocked if they were playing bball for Iowa in 2 years. I said nothing about when they would leave, or in this case, if they even showed up.

Last edited:
Not quite.... I said I would be shocked if they were playing bball for Iowa in 2 years. I said nothing about when they would leave, or in this case, if they even showed up.

Congrats, your plaque for you prediction has been placed in the mail, second class of course, if it does not arrive in a week, please post your prediction as to when you think it will arrive, if it never arrives....well, I guess you are SOL...so guess again...

You are clearly the Nostradamus of Iowa Basketball....

You are clearly the Nostradamus of Iowa Basketball....

I foresee Iowa getting back to .500 in the 2011-2012 season. Also I am seeing 14 wins next season. I will be sure to bump this thread up again when these predictions come true. Any other inquiries of the future?

Latest posts