2010 Heisman

PasadenaDreams

Obviously a long shot...but if anyone from the Hawks...who could you see making an appearance on the Watch list at any given point in the season?

Adrian Clayborn. While it's darn near impossible for a defensive player to win, it's not impossible for them to get invited.

I think Stanzi will have a decent shot. Two important components of winning the Heisman are being well known and on a winning team. Stanzi got a ton of publicity this season, and with Iowa being a potential national title candidate next season he could be right in the thick of the race.

Adrian Clayborn. While it's darn near impossible for a defensive player to win, it's not impossible for them to get invited.

Suh this year, is giving Clayborn the chance for next year... if he dominates the way suh did... he will have a decent chance..

If Stanzi keeps winning... so will he.

Suh this year, is giving Clayborn the chance for next year... if he dominates the way suh did... he will have a decent chance..

If Stanzi keeps winning... so will he.

It is darn near impossible for anyone, let alone Clayborn, to dominate the way Suh did.

Stanzi has no prayer. None at all. The QB from Bama has a chance before Stanzi. Being on a winning team isn't enough.

Realistically no one from Iowa will be anywhere near the Heisman next year...generally a running back would need at least 1500 yards and at least 12 TD's, for a QB they need at least 2500 yards and 20+ TD's with at least 1 or 2 crazy games where they go off for 350-400 yds and 3-4 passing TD's against a quality opponent...I'm not seeing that happening

I'd like to see no player from Iowa get in the Heisman hoopla.
This is a team game and I think ever thing runs smoother if ever player is working for team rewards and not personal rewards. I don't like all the media attention that's paid to these personal rewards.

I think we will be more balanced on offense next year...and I'm just talking about the Heisman watch which usually has about 10 on it...could easily see Clayborn get a peak on there...

Stanzi has no prayer. None at all. The QB from Bama has a chance before Stanzi. Being on a winning team isn't enough.

Has no prayer? If Stanzi turns in a Brad Banks like senior year performance (hypothetically) he would get an invite to NYC. There's no reason to think he has no chance at all.

Has no prayer? If Stanzi turns in a Brad Banks like senior year performance (hypothetically) he would get an invite to NYC. There's no reason to think he has no chance at all.

Yeah...Ask us August 2008 if Shonn Greene could get Heisman pub...i'd bet you'd get a lot of "no prayers"

Except Stanzi is not as good of a player as Banks was, and the offense around him is nowhere near as good as the one Banks had.

Saying Stanzi has no prayer at a Heisman is not a knock on Ricky. Only a tiny fraction of QBs are Heisman contenders; the best of the best. Ricky is good at what he does, and I love what he does, but he does not put up the numbers to get a look at this award. Any expectations that he should are completely unrealistic, and really unfair to him.

Saying Stanzi has no prayer at a Heisman is not a knock on Ricky. ... Any expectations that he should are completely unrealistic, and really unfair to him.

+1

Very well put.

And, honestly, Stanzi will not get the media love needed to make a push for the award.

Except Stanzi is not as good of a player as Banks was, and the offense around him is nowhere near as good as the one Banks had.

You cannot declaratively say that Stanzi is not as good as Banks. Next year at this time you can but you sure as hell don’t know how Rick’s senior season is going to play out. Based on their career coming in to their final year of college football Rick Stanzi has far exceeded anything Banks did.

As far as the surrounding talent being “nowhere near as goodâ€￾ think again. When it comes to the offensive lines - of course not, but beyond that you are way off with that comment. McNutt and DJK are going to be the best pass catching duo of the Kirk Ferentz era and at a minimum equal to the Mo Brown/CJ Jones combination. In addition the three headed threat(four with Brinson?)of sophomore RB’s is definitely as good as Fred Russell and Jamal Lewis. Aland Reisner comes back and look for him to break out at TE, he has the best hands on the team and it’s not even close.

Latest posts